Author Topic: BA @ LHR  (Read 2879 times)

olibarker

BA @ LHR
« on: July 06, 2016, 09:47:30 pm »
Hi all,

I've read through the paint kit documentation but can't really make heads nor tails of how to create a specific airline setting for specific airports.

I am aware there is a scoring/priority system for each vehicle type/livery, but i'm looking for a specific bit of guidance how to create a specific set up.

I fly solely British Airways out of LHR (occasionally LGW) and therefore am not wanting a generic service but a BA accurate one. BA use Gate Gormet for Long Haul operations and DHL for Short Haul. Currently there is a BA option on GSX when requesting ground support however it sends a variety of Catering Trucks to the aircraft, which isn't quite as accurate as i'd like.

Any help would be much appreciated!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: BA @ LHR
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2016, 10:01:04 pm »
I fly solely British Airways out of LHR (occasionally LGW) and therefore am not wanting a generic service but a BA accurate one. BA use Gate Gormet for Long Haul operations and DHL for Short Haul. Currently there is a BA option on GSX when requesting ground support however it sends a variety of Catering Trucks to the aircraft, which isn't quite as accurate as i'd like.

I'm not sure I could possibly explain here in any better way that what is already explained on the PaintKit documentation.

Since there's no way, as far as GSX is concerned, to know if you are "short haul" or "long haul", the only possible way to do something like this, is to act on the "condition" parameters of all the variations of the catering vehicle SIM.CFG files (in their specific [fltsim] section for the affected liveries), and have the different liveries use different conditions to appear depending on the airplane service door's heights, which is something that might be used to identify a short haul plane vs a long haul one.

And, since every change you make to the default GSX vehicles will likely be overwritten by update vehicles installers and/or future GSX full installers so, you should also probably act on "copies" of Gate Gourmet vehicles in the *USER folders (those of the Paintkit), assign a 4 letters ICAO matching for them to the airports you are interested in, so they will be used by preference against the default ones that comes with GSX.

olibarker

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2016, 10:22:21 pm »
Thanks for your reply, however I still am struggling to understand how it quite works.

I copied the Gate Gourmet texture folder into SimObjects > Misc > FSDT_Catering_EU_USER and edited the sim file to include this:

[fltsim.1]
title=FSDT_catering_EU_GGourm
model=EU
texture=GGourmet
couatl.icaoprefixes = EGKK EGLL
couatl.atc_parking_codes = BAW
couatl.catering_man = FSDT_catering_man_generic_green

However still catering trucks from Cuisine Air & Gate Aviation turn up to my A320 at T5A which according to the AFCAD is a BAW only gate.

Any specific advice would be grateful!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2016, 02:36:12 pm »
I copied the Gate Gourmet texture folder into SimObjects > Misc > FSDT_Catering_EU_USER and edited the sim file to include this:

That's just ONE catering model. As I've said in my previous replies, you should pay attention to the "condition" parameters too. As you can see from its SIM.CFG file, this model has a constraint that will use it only if the service door's is higher than 4.00 meters.

The other european catering vehicle, the EU_half, which comes in TWO variations, has the normal variation coming with a door's height between 3.20 and 4.20 meters, and the 2 axis variation will come between 1.62 meters and 3.40 meters.

Since the A320 service doors is just on the borderline between 3.40 ( it's about 3.35/3.37 meters high ), you will have to act on the EU_half version, and it's best to have both variations, since the threshold is around 3.40 meters.