Author Topic: Gsx not in Add-ons menu  (Read 3508 times)

Omiht

Gsx not in Add-ons menu
« on: July 04, 2016, 10:53:10 pm »
Dir Sir/Madam,

Recently I purchased Gsx. Unfortunately only the first time Prepar3d 3.3 is started Gsx shows itself in the 'Add-ons menu'. Also the Couatl records are missing. From the second time opening Prepar3d all the just mentioned records are missing. Just tried the uninstall and full installation with antivirus turned off. It doesn't make a difference in my situation.

Looking forward to see a solution.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Gsx not in Add-ons menu
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2016, 10:57:21 pm »
Check that you don't have a Couatl.exe still running from the previous session when you open a new one. Sometimes, if you end a sim session and start a new one too quickly, it might not have enough time to close all started programs.

You can check this with the Task Manager, and if you have a Couatl.exe still running, Terminate it and then start the sim again.

Omiht

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2016, 02:55:09 pm »
Thank you for the fast reply. I will test the solution tonight.

I will let you know if it succeeded.

Omiht

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2016, 07:09:55 pm »
Unfortunately waiting longer between shutdown and starting does not solve the problem. After waiting 5 seconds in between each restart Gsx is still not loading occasionally. Most times it does, but it would be nice if I could rely on Gsx. I even monitored Task manager while performing the test to watch Couatl.exe terminate. Only when terminated I restarted Prepar3d v3.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 07:11:52 pm by Omiht »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2016, 08:52:32 am »
If you are sure that Couatl.exe closes properly and automatically, then what you are referring has never reported by anybody else. The only possible reason I can think of, is some new kind of antivirus interference.

Be sure you configure the antivirus to exclude the whole sim folder from scanning.

Omiht

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2016, 09:51:34 am »
I will check tonight, but I thought I already excluded my entire Prepar3d folder (D:\Prepar3d v3) from real-time protection.

Omiht

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2016, 02:39:14 pm »
The folder of my Prepar3d installation is already excluded from real-time protection in Windows Defender. I don't use any other kind of anti-virus software.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2016, 02:48:47 pm »
The folder of my Prepar3d installation is already excluded from real-time protection in Windows Defender. I don't use any other kind of anti-virus software.

Do you have any errors in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl.ERR file ? (assuming you have such file, it's only created when there's an error)

Omiht

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2016, 02:57:24 pm »
There's no file named Couatl.err in that folder. I just opened Prepar3d a few times. Most times Gsx is loaded and the couatl.exe process is running. But when opening Prepar3d for the 5th time couatl.exe is not running and gsx is not loaded. Followed by one more start of Prepar3d without gsx. The 7th time starting Prepar3d Gsx and the couatl.exe process were up and running again. There is definitely a link.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 03:02:06 pm by Omiht »