Author Topic: GSX not recognizing brakes.  (Read 2293 times)

crash77

GSX not recognizing brakes.
« on: July 04, 2016, 05:44:36 pm »
Well, trying to get GSX to back me out of E4 at KATL (ImagineSim) to fly to KMEM.  Everything was perfect until I tried to remove wheel chalks.  I already had the brakes set but GSX said I need to set park brake after I removed chalks.  I toggled the park brakes on/off but GSX never recognized this.  Only when I re-applied the wheel chocks did the warning stop.  Man, so close.  I haven't been able to get GSX to work since KMEM came out.  GSX seems so buggy, but I know it will be worth it after everything is fixed.  Anyways, thanks for your time, Crash.  (FSX/ACCEL with PMDG 737)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX not recognizing brakes.
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2016, 05:50:52 pm »
 I toggled the park brakes on/off but GSX never recognized this.  Only when I re-applied the wheel chocks did the warning stop.  Man, so close.  I haven't been able to get GSX to work since KMEM came out.

You haven't supplied with the most important information we needed to start investigating this that (if it's really happening) it's probably some problem that was always there and you only noticed it now.

Which airplane you used ?

Your reference to the wheel chocks, seems to indicate the problem doesn't happen with every airplane, but one of the few which has a special treatment to check for the wheel chocks, in addition to "just" the parking brakes, which the standard GSX behavior, which I'm sure it's working fine for every other airplane-

crash77

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2016, 06:17:57 pm »
I did put at the end in quotations I was using fsx/Accel with PMDG 737.  I just reloaded FSX and passed through most of the checklist just to get to the back up part.  This time it recognized my wheel chalks and park brakes separately from each other and backed me out just fine.  I don't know why it did it the first time never had the problem before.  Going to try another flight and see if it happens again, very strange.   

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2016, 09:53:21 pm »
Ok, sorry, I must have missed the end of your post...

In any case, the PMDG 737 is not a special case, the only airplanes in the current version of the GSX internal database that we added a special handling of the parking brakes which includes testing the Wheel chocks are the Aerosoft Airbus series.

Every other airplane, including the PMDG 737, is only tested against the standard FSX parking brakes variable.

This means, when it happened, it wasn't set by the PMDG itself, and it was probably re-set correctly when acting on the Wheel chocks for some reason.