Author Topic: Missing GSX Vehicles  (Read 13651 times)

skyymann

Re: Missing GSX Vehicles
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2016, 02:14:37 pm »
I am now having the same issue. A loader or cart missing and sometimes, the loaders, airstairs and what not will just sit there and not move. I have to restart Couatl to get anything to work. I do have the latest of everything.

Scott

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2016, 02:18:22 pm »

Cfoley

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2016, 03:31:33 pm »
What is "PM"?  Email?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2016, 08:56:54 pm »
What is "PM"?  Email?

A forum Personal Message. If you click on the rightmost icon below my avatar, it's the PM message option. Of course, you can also use email, if you want.

Cfoley

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2016, 12:52:12 am »
I suppose uninstalling GSX and re-installing a previous version I have saved in my downloads from a few months ago won't solve anything?  It is not just because of the missing vehicles,  but I prefer the old version when I taxi to the gates with FSX ATC.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 03:06:43 am by Cfoley »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2016, 01:37:17 pm »
I suppose uninstalling GSX and re-installing a previous version I have saved in my downloads from a few months ago won't solve anything?

No, because it will still download all the latest files from the internet.

It is not just because of the missing vehicles,  but I prefer the old version when I taxi to the gates with FSX ATC.

This doesn't make any sense. If you are referring to the ability to pre-select a gate in flight, you don't HAVE to use it!! If you wait until you land after you got a parking assigned by the FSX ATC, it will works EXACTLY as it was before.

Cfoley

« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2016, 12:52:11 am »
The reason I thought GSX had something to do with FSX ATC is that GSX unloading servies at a gate for heavies at KATL upon arrival was turned down. (Not an error, but something about not available at the gate, and not that the gate was too small for this aircraft.  I can't recall the exact message.  A message I never saw before), even though it was at the terminal and at a gate for large aircraft.  Also at KSAN, the FSX taxi (yellow arrow line) would not show up when I selected it.  These things never happened before the GSX update at these airports which I use frequently.  
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 12:56:18 am by Cfoley »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2016, 12:45:36 pm »
The reason I thought GSX had something to do with FSX ATC is that GSX unloading servies at a gate for heavies at KATL upon arrival was turned down.

GSX doesn't have (and never had) any interaction with the FSX default ATC. Nothing you do in the ATC or in GSX will affect one or the other.

Also at KSAN, the FSX taxi (yellow arrow line) would not show up when I selected it.  These things never happened before the GSX update at these airports which I use frequently.  

This doesn't have anything to do with GSX.

At our airports, due to the way the ground is made, is to be expected not having the progressive line, but that's an issue of the SCENERY (and there's nothing we can or would do to fix it, because it would require going back to the slow FS2002 ground polygons), not of GSX.

If you don't see the progressive taxi on a 3rd party scenery, that's just because they might have used similar methods in the scenery too.

Again, nothing that has anything to do with GSX. Fact you only noticed it after the GSX update, it's just coincidental, but it would have been exactly the same, even if you didn't update GSX.

Cfoley

« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2016, 07:02:46 am »
I installed the latest Add on manager, but I get the following message.  (See attached).  I have my anti-virus turned off during the installation, so I don't know what it could be.  I tried to install several times, but get the same message.  I am able to continue to install, despite the message and finish, but I don't know if it was successful or not and fix my GSX missing vehicle problem. I called Norton and they even did a remote access and they informed me it was not Norton causing this.  Windows defender has been turned off and I don't have any other anti-virus installations on my computer.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 04:21:29 pm by Cfoley »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2016, 08:03:50 pm »
I installed the latest Add on manager, but I get the following message.  (See attached).  I have my anti-virus turned off during the installation, so I don't know what it could be.

It's the antivirus, not questions about it.

I called Norton and they even did a remote access and they informed me it was not Norton causing this.  Windows defender has been turned off and I don't have any other anti-virus installations on my computer.

You called Norton and they even remotely-assisted you, but you don't even have Norton installed ? Are you sure ? Or, is that you have Norton installed and you *think* it's turned off ?

Norton is the 1st and most well known causes of false positives. We keep reporting this to Symantec, and they just deny it. Just like they did with you...

I'm sorry, but there are no other possible reasons why you see that message, other than a defective antivirus, which hasn't been turned off and/or properly configured.

Cfoley

« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2016, 08:54:30 pm »
I have Norton installed, but disabled it when download the GSX update.  It was turned off and I even get a pop up message informing me that my anti virus is turned off.  So I don't know why it is happening.

Cfoley

« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2016, 09:06:31 pm »
I went ahead and downloaded the Standalone update again today and turned off my Norton Anti Virus beforehand.  This time I did not get that message about a defective anti virus.  I will not be able to test with FSX for a few days, but I will see how things go.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2016, 09:07:31 pm »
I have Norton installed, but disabled it when download the GSX update.  It was turned off and I even get a pop up message informing me that my anti virus is turned off.  So I don't know why it is happening.

Norton is so bugged (I personally witnessed this on an user system(, it was still blocking files even when disabled! The only way to know this, was to go into the log, because it was doing it silently.

Cfoley

« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2016, 09:00:13 pm »
I was able to make a flight from FSDT KDFW to KDCA with the QW757 and there were no missing vehicles from departure or arrival.  That is a good sign.  Thanks for the help in getting this resolved!  I greatly appreciate it.