Author Topic: GSX Menu / YouControl Menu availability  (Read 3320 times)

c09RKC

GSX Menu / YouControl Menu availability
« on: July 01, 2016, 10:37:26 pm »
Hey all!

The SIM-A B737-800 at FSDT KMEM, Gate B7 if it matters.

Though I doubt I'll ever use it, I'm able to call up the YouControl menu. The function Shift+Q for the GSX Menu though, what I'll primarily be using does nothing, as in the menu doesn't appear.

KEWR Gate 23; BWI Gate B1 (I can get more if it helps) - These are examples of where neither menu will come up, YC or GSX menus.

Any ideas why these menus (especially the GSX Menu) won't appear? Tkx in advance!!
Doug

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Menu / YouControl Menu availability
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2016, 08:07:20 pm »
Though I doubt I'll ever use it, I'm able to call up the YouControl menu. The function Shift+Q for the GSX Menu though, what I'll primarily be using does nothing, as in the menu doesn't appear.

The default key for GSX is CTRL+Shift+F12. If you changed it, you must be sure is not already used for another function.

c09RKC

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2016, 02:00:04 pm »
>>Ctrl-Shft-F12? Wow, that's not what Key Mapping's showing at all. I've got GSX as Shift-Q and Show YouControl as Ctrl-F12. Pressing Ctrl-Shift-F12 does nothing on this machine. I must've made changes way back when.<<

Regardless, I've got things working to some point now just by fiddling around. I'll say thing much... GSX, this upgrade make all the little "troubles" very worth it! Seriously, just when I thing the community's taken FSX as far as it can go... Outstanding work on all the airports and GSX!

BTW, is there another airport in the mill now that KMEM's out?

Tkx!!
Doug

folhetas

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2016, 07:20:40 pm »
I have the same problem , these menus (especially the GSX Menu) won't appear?
I'm on P3D V3,3 ... and I install the last Version of GSX

Any help ?

I check the Ctrl+Shift+F12 ...

Thank you for nay help

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2016, 10:51:01 am »
I have the same problem , these menus (especially the GSX Menu) won't appear?  I'm on P3D V3,3 ... and I install the last Version of GSX

If you don't see the menu, it's because you haven't installed the P3D "Content", and it's a well documented issue of the "Client" installer: no 3rd party application with a semi-transparent menu will work unless you install the P3D 3.3 "Content" or use the FULL 3.3 installer.