Author Topic: Some questions from a newbie in GSX  (Read 2973 times)

Boeing 707

Some questions from a newbie in GSX
« on: June 26, 2016, 10:22:57 pm »
Hi every one

I have some questions:

In EKCH I GSX and uses this along with aerosofts Airbus A318 / A319 addon.

When I ask to Service / Food car to get to the aircraft is the "Servis Air" which supplies the aircraft and not "Gate Gourmet" as it is in EKCH.

How can I change it to the correct Service / Food car (Gate Gourmet)?

and the next question:

In the list where you can change the settings and values for the pax and cargo doors

There a long list of different abbreviations, for example. Pallet 1 and so on...

Is there a place where I can see what all this means and change it from the Belt into the Container which is usually used by SAS in EKCH?

Hope that someone can tell me "my issues"

Cheers to you all!  :D

Happy Landings and happy sunday evening from Denmark

Dennis

« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 10:24:38 pm by Boeing 707 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Some questions from a newbie in GSX
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2016, 08:57:33 am »
In EKCH I GSX and uses this along with aerosofts Airbus A318 / A319 addon.

When I ask to Service / Food car to get to the aircraft is the "Servis Air" which supplies the aircraft and not "Gate Gourmet" as it is in EKCH.

I don't understand this sentence: are you comparing EKCH to EKCH ???

How can I change it to the correct Service / Food car (Gate Gourmet)?

What makes you think Servis Air is not "correct" for EKCH ?

http://www.swissport.com/network/network-detail/?busiId=730&cHash=45baf57696cef6515869717a28c7b374

Yes, they are now named "Swissport", but they are still Servisair so, just imagine that not all trucks has being repainted to reflect the new company ownership.

There a long list of different abbreviations, for example. Pallet 1 and so on...

Is there a place where I can see what all this means and change it from the Belt into the Container which is usually used by SAS in EKCH?

In the GSX manual, where else ? There are pages with images of each container type. Note that, the container type is NOT related to an airport. It depends on the airplane.

For example, the A318 CANNOT load any ULD, because it has a smaller baggage door compared to the A319, which can use the AKH type.

Boeing 707

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2016, 12:41:24 am »
Hi and thanks for the answers  :)

About the food service trucks in EKCH I've never seen Servis Air food service truck in EKCH, only Gate Gourmet and LSG Sky Chefs.

From CPH´s webpage:

The LSG Sky Chefs and Gate Gourmet is in charge of the catering for the different airlines at Copenhagen Airport

So that´s the reason i asked, if i could change this so the correct food service trucks will provide service to the SAS A319 in EKCH. 

Acording to CPH´s website:

Aviator Airport Services, SAS Ground Handling, Menzies Aviation A/S, Copenhagen Flight Services and ASE Handling is ground handling all airliners in EKCH,depending on which airliner it is.

https://www.cph.dk/en/flight-info/airlines/

So I can not see how swissport can have groundhandling in EKCH, when they are not listed on CPH´s own website...  ???

https://www.cph.dk/en/flight-info/handling-companies/

Cheers...  :)

Dennis

« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 12:48:04 am by Boeing 707 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2016, 01:34:32 pm »
So I can not see how swissport can have groundhandling in EKCH, when they are not listed on CPH´s own website...  ???

Because Swissport said so on their own website!

http://www.swissport.com/network/network-detail/?busiId=730&cHash=45baf57696cef6515869717a28c7b374

Maybe I understand the trick: although they label their service as "Ground Handling Services" ( in big, bold, blue ), which usually means all sort of different services, down below the page, they say

"OUR SERVICES (GROUND HANDLING SERVICES) Airport Lounges"

So, I guess that's the only kind of "Ground Handling" (why they would call such service "Ground Handling" is quite strange) are the Airport Lounges, which is not something that really affects GSX.

So yes, perhaps we could remove them.