Author Topic: FSX-SE and P3D freeze after addon manager update  (Read 3905 times)

Pat Mussotte

FSX-SE and P3D freeze after addon manager update
« on: June 25, 2016, 04:20:50 pm »
So I open a new topic concerning my problem!
My Anti-virus is Windows Defender, real time protection is OFF and the folders containing FSX-SE and P3D were already excluded in Defender! Before the update I had no problem with the FSDT stuff.

Regards

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSX-SE and P3D freeze after addon manager update
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2016, 04:40:13 pm »
Are you SURE you are not running another security-related product ? Be check again. Nobody ever reported a "freeze" right now. Follow the complete procedure below:

- Go into Control Panel, Uninstall GSX and reply YES to the questions "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?" and reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Couatl script engine ?"

- TURN YOUR ANTIVIRUS OFF.

With the antivirus still disabled, reinstall GSX. Use the latest full GSX installer on our site.

- BEFORE launching FSX, configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\Couatl.exe

- Now you can turn your Antivirus on, and launch FSX

- Note if FSX asks permission to run the Addon Manager and the Couatl programs, reply YES to both. PAY ATTENTION TO THIS.

- When FSX loads, check if you have BOTH the "Addon Manager" and the "Couatl powered products" under the "Addons" menu.

Pat Mussotte

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2016, 05:02:43 pm »
I'm absolutely sure I have NO other protection on my computer, ONLY Windows Defender and the windows firewall!
I will follow your instructions and report later, thanks for help!

Pat Mussotte

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2016, 06:54:38 pm »
So
- I went into Control Panel, Uninstall GSX and reply YES to the questions "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?" and reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Couatl script engine ?"

- Real time protection in Windows Defender OFF.

With the antivirus still disabled, I reinstalled GSX with the latest full GSX installer and airports(KFLL, KLAS)downloaded on your site.

- BEFORE launching FSX(And P3D), I configured Windows Defender to exclude the following files from scanning:

My FSXFolder(P3D folder)\bglmanx.dll
My FSXFolder(P3D folder)\fsdreamteam\Couatl\Couatl.exe
I kept real time protection OFF
I launch FSX(or P3D) authorize Addon Manager and Couatl, the new scenery load and after these operations FSX(and P3D)still freeze

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2016, 08:54:06 pm »
I cannot obviously reproduce this problem, and nobody in the forum as ever reported a "freeze" with no error messages.

Are you sure you don't have *another* antivirus that you are not aware of ? Possibly an anti-spyware, anti-malware or similar security related product ?

Pat Mussotte

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2016, 09:31:04 am »
I'm absolutely positive, I've no other antivirus, anti malware...on this computer! On another computer I have Malwarebyte anti malware but not on this one!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2016, 10:44:07 am »
I'm absolutely positive, I've no other antivirus, anti malware...on this computer! On another computer I have Malwarebyte anti malware but not on this one!

Then the only possible solution I see, is that we do a Teamviewer session, so I can check your system directly because, as I've said, nobody ever reported such kind of "freeze".

PM-me to arrange it.