Author Topic: Missing GSX Vehicles  (Read 13685 times)

PhilA

Missing GSX Vehicles
« on: June 20, 2016, 02:02:26 pm »
When I first installed V1.9.9 of GSX I, like others, had some random vehicles missing, not always, but regularly.  This appeared to be fixed in a later update.  However, over the weekend the problem has reappeared.

In order to try and remedy the problem I have uninstalled GSX and the paintkit.  I have downloaded the full installer and the Vehicle update and installed them both. I have used the default airport LFPO (Gate G13) and I still get random vehicles missing.  Sometimes it is a complete baggage train, sometimes an individual cart, sometimes the tractor.  I also have the belt loader and stairs missing. I attach images of some of these. My sim is FSX Acceleration.

I also attach a copy of the Couatl.log that shows the following error repeatedly.  This log was taken from the third occurrence pictured (i.e. the one with the missing rear loader and front baggage tractor).

Requested assistance services at Gate G 13
Error: exception UNRECOGNIZED_ID in call SetDataOnSimObject param #2 '78909184'
{'Airport': 'LFPO', 'Requested assistance services at': 'Gate G 13', 'User Pos': (48.72557779308308, 2.358349991957877, 92.0438 m, 3.34781 m, 340.7999948663637)}

There is another thread running similar to this, but I have opened a new one as in that case there seemed to be a focus on UT2.  In my case, I have some AI provided mostly by Traffic 360.  I do not have any addon weather running when these problems occur, nor any other external program such as FS Passengers.  The plane is the iFly Boeing 737-800.

I hope you can help in diagnosing the problem.

PhilA

Re: Missing GSX Vehicles
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2016, 09:57:00 pm »
I have been following closely the various reports similar to mine, especially that started by Cfloey.  There seems to be a great deal of similarity.  In view of the the thoughts there that the problem was something overloading simconnect, I have carried out an experiment.

I have reduced my FSX to default sceneries only.  I have removed everything from DLL.XML and EXE.xml, except couatl.exe and bglmanx.exe, including FSUIPC.  I have also removed all AI.  I have loaded the default Boeing 737 at LFPO gate G13.  On calling GSX deboarding, all vehicles appeared.  I restarted couatl, and again requested GSX deboarding.  This time, the front baggage loader was missing.

It may be worth adding that when I first call GSX the default ramp vehicles are removed, and then the GSX vehicles appear.  It ssems as if all the vehicles appear for a split second before some disappear.

I hope this helps diagnosis.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2016, 10:42:53 pm »
It may be worth adding that when I first call GSX the default ramp vehicles are removed, and then the GSX vehicles appear.  It ssems as if all the vehicles appear for a split second before some disappear.

It's possible you have FSUIPC with this parameter enabled ?

DeleteVehiclesForAES=yes

See here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,9866.msg77709.html#msg77709

PhilA

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2016, 12:21:34 am »
Thank you for the suggestion.

I had considered this as I have used AES at some airports in the past with that setting in FSUIPC.  However the airports I am testing at are not AES enabled.

In order to totally eliminate this possibility, I have removed FSUIPC completely.  It was set to inactive in DLL.xml in the last test.  For this test I have completely removed FSUIPC.  In this case, tested again at G13 on the default LFPO, with the default B737, the tractor and rear cart were missing from one of the baggage trains.

Is there anything else I can try?

Regards, Phil

PhilA

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2016, 12:43:35 am »
I have now spent some time looking at this.  I have remove all my FSDT products, removed the residual files, directories and registry keys.  I have reinstalled GSX from the latest download.  I have not installed the paintkit and I do not have any _USER items in the Simobjects\misc folder.

Unfortunately, the problem still persists.  I've therefore had to revert back to the previous version (November last year, I think) in order to have a complete set of vehicles.  I am not sure why my set up is causing this.  As stated earlier, I have even tried a standard FSX installation and still get the problem.  Hopefully, this will be resolved in the future and I can move forward again.

Cfoley

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2016, 07:07:05 am »
I downloaded the Full Installer a few days ago, making sure the anti-virus was turned off entirely.   I tried FSDT KLAX with the PMDG 777 planning a fight to EGLL.  GSX seemed to function and all the vehicles were there with nothing missing for my aircraft servicing plus no fatal errors. But when I did first open up GSX for catering services,  I noticed the luggage carriers that are near my gate and pull away when I requested catering services had missing tow vehicles.  It did not bother me because they were not for my plane anyway.  But after I started up the engines,  none of the navigation lights, taxi lights or landing lights would turn on.  That never happened before, so a closed FSX down.  I decided to attempt another flight from FSDT KJFK with QW757 to LFPG.   Again GSX worked fine with no missing vehicles for my aircraft when I requested it,  but when I was over Ireland and England,  there was no UT2 air traffic again.  I did not get to complete the flight to see if GSX had all the vehicles upon arrival because I got a Crash to Desktop, or fatal error near the U.K. when I clicked SODE 1.3.1 icon in the menu bar, which I did by mistake.  I have not replaced it yet with the SODE 1.3.3.  I am also not familiar with the new GSX requesting taxi to the gates because I always just used FSX ATC for that, so I did not get to see how that would have worked out either.  I always preferred that method because it was easy and if I did not like the gate,  I would go elsewhere and GSX always worked too, even if I switched to a different gate.  Below is the Fatal Error for the QW757 flight.  

Version=1
EventType=APPCRASH
EventTime=131113895091370737
ReportType=2
Consent=1
UploadTime=131113895092040775
ReportIdentifier=d1ac8d06-3b57-11e6-8e12-142d27d599c6
IntegratorReportIdentifier=d1ac8d05-3b57-11e6-8e12-142d27d599c6
WOW64=1
Response.BucketId=858345100
Response.BucketTable=25
Response.type=4
Sig[0].Name=Application Name
Sig[0].Value=couatl.exe
Sig[1].Name=Application Version
Sig[1].Value=3.1.0.3487
Sig[2].Name=Application Timestamp
Sig[2].Value=575eda1f
Sig[3].Name=Fault Module Name
Sig[3].Value=StackHash_8a43
Sig[4].Name=Fault Module Version
Sig[4].Value=6.1.7601.23418
Sig[5].Name=Fault Module Timestamp
Sig[5].Value=5708a73e
Sig[6].Name=Exception Code
Sig[6].Value=c0000374
Sig[7].Name=Exception Offset
Sig[7].Value=000ce843
DynamicSig[1].Name=OS Version
DynamicSig[1].Value=6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
DynamicSig[2].Name=Locale ID
DynamicSig[2].Value=1033
DynamicSig[22].Name=Additional Information 1
DynamicSig[22].Value=8a43
DynamicSig[23].Name=Additional Information 2
DynamicSig[23].Value=8a43499911a81b37df4fe1bb65dd2922
DynamicSig[24].Name=Additional Information 3
DynamicSig[24].Value=9793
DynamicSig[25].Name=Additional Information 4
DynamicSig[25].Value=979341acb74ec92b08059892858209be
UI[2]=C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe
UI[3]=Couatlâ„¢ Scripting Engine for FSX//ESP has stopped working
UI[4]=Windows can check online for a solution to the problem.
UI[5]=Check online for a solution and close the program
UI[6]=Check online for a solution later and close the program
UI[7]=Close the program
LoadedModule[0]=C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe
LoadedModule[1]=C:\windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll
LoadedModule[2]=C:\windows\syswow64\kernel32.dll
LoadedModule[3]=C:\windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll
LoadedModule[4]=C:\windows\syswow64\user32.dll
LoadedModule[5]=C:\windows\syswow64\GDI32.dll
LoadedModule[6]=C:\windows\syswow64\LPK.dll
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 08:26:08 am by Cfoley »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2016, 10:48:03 am »
Unfortunately, the problem still persists.  I've therefore had to revert back to the previous version (November last year, I think) in order to have a complete set of vehicles.  I am not sure why my set up is causing this. 

As I've said, nobody at FSDT were ever able to reproduce this, so it's surely must be caused by some other addon you have installer that we don't know of.

The only possible solution is to have a Teamviewer session, so I could have a look at your system directly.

PM-me to arrange this.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2016, 10:51:18 am »
I did not get to complete the flight to see if GSX had all the vehicles upon arrival because I got a Crash to Desktop, or fatal error near the U.K. when I clicked SODE 1.3.1 icon in the menu bar, which I did by mistake.  I have not replaced it yet with the SODE 1.3.3.

That might be the problem. GSX always came with SODE 1.3.3, we never distributed it with SODE 1.3.1 so, if you got SODE 1.3.1, it must have come from another product.

What is strange is WHY you are still on SODE 1.3.1. The GSX installer should have updated it to 1.3.3. Maybe you installed a 3rd party addon *after* GSX, so it "downgraded" SODE ?

In any case, uninstall SODE 1.3.1 and install 1.3.3, because that's the only version we know GSX works with and the one that comes with GSX.

Cfoley

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2016, 05:15:34 pm »
That is strange because I did not add anything to FSX, just the GSX updates, and that is when SODE 1.3.1 first appeared on my add on menu, or the first time I ever noticed it being there.

Anyway,  I uninstalled SODE and then Installed SODE 1.3.3 and is now in my FSX add on menu.   I did not know where to look for SODE in my computer to uninstall,  so I typed it in my program search box and it pulled up and took it from there.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 05:27:34 pm by Cfoley »

Cfoley

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2016, 08:16:54 pm »
I attempted another flight from KATL with the Level-D 767 at Gate A26.  One of the loaders was missing when requesting GSX catering.  The loaders show up when I request catering, or loading of passengers.  I had hoped I had this problem solved with the last update I attempted, but apparently not.   
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 10:42:39 pm by Cfoley »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2016, 09:01:46 am »
I had hoped I had this problem solved with the last update I attempted, but apparently not.   

We cannot even begin to start fixing it, if we are unable to replicate it. And as I've said in other posts, the ONLY time I was ever able to replicate it, was immediately after installing the ASN Trial version. It never happened again, even with ASN installed.

So, we are quite sure it's caused by a combination of many 3rd party addons that send so many commands to Simconnect, that we don't get a chance to talk with it to create all objects, so they disappear randomly.

I keep asking for user affected with this problem to arrange a Teamviewer session, and see what they have installed, but nobody with THIS problem has taken up the offer so far...

PhilA

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2016, 01:32:01 pm »
Thank you for the responses.  I have reverted to a previous version and all my vehicles are working correctly.  I would be willing to carry out a TeamViewer session, but I am away at work at the moment.  I am not sure when I will have time in the next week.  I was prepared to live with the version I have, at least for the time being, so that I can get some 'flying' in.  However, I am keen to assist in resolving this problem so I will PM you, Umberto, when I can identify a suitable time.

I will reiterate that in my testing, I have disabled all non-MS scenery, removed all AI, removed all additional modules (other than the FSDT ones for GSX), used the MS B737 as MS LFPO.  I do not have ASN, and no other external programs are running.  I therefore cannot see what would be causing a flood of Simconnect commands, but I will be interested to find out.

I understand how difficult it is to diagnose problems when you cannot reproduce them or see them.  Therefore I am keen to assist as I can reproduce the problem consistently, although not every time.  I will keep an eye on the forum and add any relevant comments until I am in a position to assist directly.  I will be in touch once I can identify a suitable time for a possible TeamViewer session.

Thank you for your continued support.

skipy33

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2016, 02:16:14 pm »
Hi All,

Well, I've this issue too sometimes. One wagon or the pushback truck is not displayed but GSX still working fine as if nothing happens.

I didn't take time to check why it can occur (stand, airline or aicraft served).

Skip.

Cfoley

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2016, 06:45:38 am »
Umberto,

What is "Teamviewer".  I never heard of that and how does it work?  

I did a flight today with Level-D 767 Delta flight from  KATL to KSAN and all the GSX vehicles were present at KATL, but in San Diego,  the following were missing (see images).  I tried the GSX "Follow Me", but cancelled it when it was taking me to a remote none gate area.  When I pulled up the GSX menu, it stated there were no open gates for "heavies" available.  I knew there was a heavy gate available, so I cancelled the Marshaller and taxied to the gate myself.  It is gate 42 and I been there many times before.  FSX ATC in the past before this GSX update, would give me that gate most of the time and I would taxi there, and the Marshaller would be there waving me in and once I set the parking brake and cut the engines,  then the gate would move to my plane, making that "beep, beep" sound.  But none of that happened this time.  

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2016, 01:25:16 pm »
What is "Teamviewer".  I never heard of that and how does it work?  

That's why I said "PM-me for details"...