Author Topic: GSX Crash with Justflight DC8 **SOLVED**  (Read 2443 times)

triflyman

GSX Crash with Justflight DC8 **SOLVED**
« on: June 20, 2016, 03:34:16 am »
Everything worked great until today after I started FSX and GSX said there was a new update that did not require shut down of FSX...so I said yes.  Then when I went to do my flight it said:
     - "The addon Couati is causing the Couati Scripting Engine to restart.  Please download and install the latest Stand-Alone Addon Manager
         From http://www.fscreamteam.com/sa-addon-manager  Do you want to open log to see error details?"

So I down-loaded the Stand-Alone Addon Manager as instructed and installed...same message.
So I went on the Forums and did as follows:
     - ASN not started (not disabled as per post...just not started) - Same message
     - Change airports (both FSX default) - Same message.  Tried freeware (CalClassic KLAX) and same message
     - Re-downloaded "Add-On Manager" with anti-virus off - Same message
     - Used default C-172 - Worked fine...GSX loaded but I did not try it.  Was previously using the Just Flight DC-8-43.
     - Changed to Just Flight DC-8-21, then DC8-11, then DC-8-10...all caused the error message in GSX.
     - Went back to C-172 and started ASN - Worked fine.
     - Loaded Captain Sim Boeing 707-300 with ASN - Worked fine
     - Loaded A2A B-377 Stratocruiser with ASN - Worked fine.  Tried with several other aircraft with ASN (FSX default, payware & freeware) and always worked fine
     - Downloaded full program (1.9.9) and installed (anti-virus off, did not do uninstall) - same message with the JF DC-8.  All other aircraft
       work fine
     - Re-installed Add-On Manager with anti-virus off - Same message

Below is the error report:

couatl v3.1 (build 3487)
panic log started on Sun Jun 19 19:43:23 2016

problem raised by addon couatl
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "couatl\GSX\__init__.py", line 688, in onSimStart
  File "couatl\common\aircraftData.py", line 1187, in getAircraftData
  File "couatl\common\aircraftData.py", line 744, in __init__
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsdreamteam\couatl\python27.zip\ast.py", line 80, in literal_eval
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsdreamteam\couatl\python27.zip\ast.py", line 58, in _convert
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsdreamteam\couatl\python27.zip\ast.py", line 79, in _convert
ValueError: malformed string
{}

Any ideas...can't fly without this great program.

Thanks
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 01:19:11 pm by virtuali »
Garry

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Another GSX Crash
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2016, 01:18:55 pm »
     - Changed to Just Flight DC-8-21, then DC8-11, then DC-8-10...all caused the error message in GSX.

This has been already discussed and answered here, the the thread named "Couatl Crash with DC8 Justflight **SOLVED**"

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,13825.msg102419.html#msg102419

That plane aircraft.cfg has a bug, the above thread indicates how to fix it.

triflyman

Re: GSX Crash with Justflight DC8 **SOLVED**
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2016, 03:17:20 pm »
Thanks...that fixed it.  Sorry, don't know how I missed that post...thought I had looked at all that had something about "crash" or "not working".

Not surprised...found several bugs when I first got this aircraft in the .cfg files.  Very poor QC by JF.

Thanks again.
Garry