Author Topic: Persistent FSX Error After Installation of Latest GSX full Installer  (Read 2137 times)

StumpJumper

1. After installing GSX full install on 6/4/2016, I was experiencing invisible tow tugs.  I downloaded the most recent GSX full installer (as a fix suggested on the FSDT Forums) and applied this afternoon (AV disabled during download and install).

2. Started FSX (at FlightBeam KIAD) which failed with the following FSX error after 15-20 seconds:

"A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.  Please close the program"

3. I uninstalled GSX, Addon manager and Couatl engine.  FSX runs with no errors at FB KIAD but buildings are missing.

4. Re-accomplished the GSX full installer download and re-applied.  Received the same FSX error at FB KIAD.  I tried running FSX at FSDT KIAH and KPIT FSX native airport receiving the same FSX error.  FSX will not run long enough to permit checking Couatl Live Update.

5. I again uninstalled GSX, addon manager and Couatl engine. Downloaded and installed the most recent Standalone Addon Manager resulting in the same FSX error.

6. I attach the FSX_errot.txt log file and the CouatlAddons.ini for your review.

7. No Couatl.err file is created

Thanks for any suggestions you may have, Umberto.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Persistent FSX Error After Installation of Latest GSX full Installer
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2016, 05:15:53 pm »
Try to reinstall now and be SURE the antivirus if OFF when installing. And, be sure you exclude the files (or, better, the whole sim folder) from scanning in the antivirus settings.

StumpJumper

Re: Persistent FSX Error After Installation of Latest GSX full Installer
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2016, 06:45:56 pm »
Re-downloaded the current GSX installer ensuring AV was disabled (as before).  Checked AV exclusions to ensure no changes had occured (FSX is installed on its own drive, the entire FSX drive was excluded).  Reinstalled GSX.

FSX issue appears corrected.  FSX runs KPIT (FSX default) with no issues as does FlightBeam KIAD.  I didn't try other FSDT/FB airports, as I assume they will work nicely as well.

Thanks for the quick response, Umberto.  The community appreciates your effort in responding so quickly to the recent surge of issues.  Hopefully, it will subside soon as I'm sure it's quite frustrating for you.