Author Topic: Error after latest update (17.06.2016)  (Read 7411 times)

LX2259

Error after latest update (17.06.2016)
« on: June 18, 2016, 08:37:45 am »
Hi,

For a few days the newest version of GSX worked fine for me, until i got a message yesterday which said there is a new update (one i could install without quitting P3D).
After the update was installed i got the message to restart couatl which i did.

Now I get the following message:

"The addon <unknown> is causing the Couatl Scripting Engine to restart.
Please download and install the latest Stand-Alone Addon Manager from http://www.fsdreamteam.com/sa-addon-manager"

A few moments later couatl stops completely.

Here is my error Log: (There is also a section i highlighted, since i updated to the newest version some airports don't work anymore. I think it has something to do with the file size?)  

couatl v3.1 (build 3469)
panic log started on Sat Jun 18 08:26:10 2016

problem raised by addon <unknown>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "couatl\common\__init__.py", line 107, in onSimStart
AttributeError: 'SimObject' object has no attribute 'changeObjectId'
{}
Loading aircraft data from Airplanes\PMDG 777-200LR
Airplane major/minor version: 777 200
aircraftDb.py provides aircraft data with priority 2
Using aircraft data from aircraftDb.py
Airport cache regeneration report:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
File D:\P3D\Addon Scenery\Scenery\3-Spain & Portugal\scenery\LEBL_CW_RS.bgl skipped, likely too big to be an airport
Folder D:\P3D\Addon Scenery\Scenery\3-Spain & Portugal\scenery processed in 0.006 seconds

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Airport cache regeneration completed with success in 5 seconds
  File "couatl\common\__init__.py", line 114, in onSimStop
  File "couatl\common\simulatorModes.py", line 76, in onSimStop
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'avatarModeEnabled'
{'User Pos': (47.46047347913335, 8.55617199113409, 435.627 m, 4.03149 m, 5.8000071589055935)}

EDIT:
Just restarted P3D (multiple times), now i can't use GSX anymore, there are no fsdreamteam (couatl and so on) addons in my addon menu folder??

It's really annoying that we have to reinstall gsx so many times because your live update doesn't seem to work! (I had to reinstall about 4 or 5 times since you released the current version (1.9.9), after i used the live update)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 08:53:14 am by LX2259 »

Fabien

Re: Error after latest update (17.06.2016)
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2016, 10:07:59 am »
HELLO,

I have exactly the same problem. Long live update!
We wait for the reaction.

Fabien

Rustydog

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2016, 10:15:13 am »
Yeah same here had to download the full install and install again. Bit of a pain as I have a few mods which all have to be set up again. Still......at least it works again now.
Intel Core i5 4690 (OC 4500Mhz), GeForce GTX1060 6gb GDDR5, P3Dv4.4, PMDG 737u,

GregH

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2016, 01:32:21 pm »
Same problem here. After the GSX menu popped up advising of an update that did not require a restart of the sim, I selected it. after that I needed up getting the same error "The addon <unknown> is causing the Couatl Scripting Engine to restart. Please download and install the latest Stand-Alone Addon Manager from.."

So I did that. Rebooted. Seemed to be working on the outbound departure just fine, until I landed 1:40 later and started the deboarding process. Process seemed to start ok, was marshalled into the bay, and I asked for deboarding then the same message came up again!

I ran the log and it gave this info:

couatl v3.1 (build 3487)
panic log started on Sat Jun 18 13:26:01 2016
Problem raised by addon <unknown>
File "couatl\common\fsm.py", line 67, in executeDoFuncTo Completion
File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\baseAssistanceVehicle.py", line 231, in do
File "couatl\common\simObjectMoverIK.py", line 393, in run
RuntimeError: cruise speed must be positive
{'Airport': 'FAGG', "Requested assistance services at': Gate B 10', Requested parking services to': Gate A2',
'User Pos': (-34.00123370021825, 22.38077505382878, 199.461 m, 2.46074 m, 84.95854657912476)}

Never had this before this update. Umberto and team, please can you fix this annoying bug introduced into the latest update. I'm running P3D v3.2.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 02:06:46 pm by GregH »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2016, 01:35:57 pm »
For a few days the newest version of GSX worked fine for me, until i got a message yesterday which said there is a new update (one i could install without quitting P3D).

There wasn't just this message. We had an earlier update notification, for a major upgrade that required to EXIT from FSX, and download and install the latest Stand-Alone Addon Manager.

You probably have skipped this one, because your Couatl.exe still the previous version:

couatl v3.1 (build 3469)

Which explains the error you have now. The error said this:

"The addon <unknown> is causing the Couatl Scripting Engine to restart.
Please download and install the latest Stand-Alone Addon Manager from http://www.fsdreamteam.com/sa-addon-manager"

So you must do it, but you haven't, since your Couatl.exe is still the previous version. Couatl.exe is updated when you install the  Stand-Alone Addon Manager, as the message said.

If you did what the message said, but your Couatl.exe is still not updated, it might be caused by the antivirus.

Here is my error Log: (There is also a section i highlighted, since i updated to the newest version some airports don't work anymore. I think it has something to do with the file size?) 

File D:\P3D\Addon Scenery\Scenery\3-Spain & Portugal\scenery\LEBL_CW_RS.bgl skipped, likely too big to be an airport

Of course, but this is not obviously a "bug" or something new to this version. Since more than one year, in order to speed up the cache regeneration speed, files larger than a certain amount are skipped automatically, assuming they might not be airports.

You can change the size as explained here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,11796.msg90687.html#msg90687

Just restarted P3D (multiple times), now i can't use GSX anymore, there are no fsdreamteam (couatl and so on) addons in my addon menu folder??

It's really annoying that we have to reinstall gsx so many times because your live update doesn't seem to work!

You don't have to reinstall GSX. Live Update works. If the the menus are not there, it doesn't have anything to do with Live Update, but it's likely caused by your antivirus, which explains why the Couatl program hasn't been updated.

See here for the usual procedure to deal with faulty antivirus that mistakenly block the programs:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,11548.msg88786.html#msg88786

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2016, 01:38:16 pm »
So I did that. Seemed to be working until I landed 1;40 later and started the deboarding process. Same message came up again!

Please post the error log.

Umberto and team, please can you fix this annoying bug introduced into the latest update.

We are unable to replicate it so, please, be more specific and indicate a precise reproduction procedure that will always result in the error.

But first, post your error log, to be sure you HAVE updated to the latest version.

GregH

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2016, 02:01:46 pm »
So I did that. Seemed to be working until I landed 1;40 later and started the deboarding process. Same message came up again!

Please post the error log.

Umberto and team, please can you fix this annoying bug introduced into the latest update.

We are unable to replicate it so, please, be more specific and indicate a precise reproduction procedure that will always result in the error.

But first, post your error log, to be sure you HAVE updated to the latest version.

Hi Umberto,

I have updated my original post here, retyped, the error log into my post. Thanks for looking into it. The airports I departed from and landed at are both addon airports but the developer specifically states that FAGG is compatible with GSX. [NMG Trading - FAGG v3.0 for P3Dv3x].

I called up the GSX menu on the taxi to the terminal after landing. Selected Bay A2. GSX was there waiting for me and I was marshaled in OK. I got the comment on how good - bad ;-) my parking was after shut down. Then called for deboarding. Message to open doors came up and air stairs started to move. At about this time the message came up saying the Couatl Engine had to restart. I clicked OK through the menu options to restart it and it seemed to work from that point, I was able to do de-boarding.

This was in PMDG NGX 737-800 and only other addons running that I know of were FSUIPC and ASN.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 02:18:55 pm by GregH »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2016, 03:55:18 pm »
I have updated my original post here, retyped, the error log into my post. Thanks for looking into it. The airports I departed from and landed at are both addon airports but the developer specifically states that FAGG is compatible with GSX

Try to edit the starting position of the vehicles using the customize parking position option in GSX: it's possible the parking is too small so there's not enough space for vehicles to turn around the plane.

LX2259

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2016, 04:04:47 pm »
First thanks for the link about the skipped scenery file.

I had my antivirus turned off while the update was installed. So this can't be the issue... (also before 1.9.9 I never had any problems with GSX or GSX updates).

There wasn't just this message. We had an earlier update notification, for a major upgrade that required to EXIT from FSX, and download and install the latest Stand-Alone Addon Manager.

I installed the stand-alone addon manager on june 11th. Since then I started P3D up every second day and never got any notification until yesterday evening (live update). (and I haven't disabled the update function!)

You don't have to reinstall GSX. Live Update works.

obviously it doesn't, because now I have to reinstall GSX in order to get it to work again!

LX2259

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2016, 04:35:40 pm »
Ok, now I downloaded the latest installer, and installed GSX again.

It looks like it works now. Unfortunately I now have again the issue of missing vehicles (baggage carts -> tractor, one cart, one empty spot, 2 more carts)

I use the PMDG B777-200LR at Zurich Airport (default).

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2016, 06:35:33 pm »
It looks like it works now. Unfortunately I now have again the issue of missing vehicles (baggage carts -> tractor, one cart, one empty spot, 2 more carts)

Do you use ASN maybe ? If yes, have a look here, and do the same test disabling ASN as explained in this post:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,13827.msg102480.html#msg102480

LX2259

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2016, 07:50:38 pm »
Yes I use ASN.
I will try the test from the other post and report back.

GregH

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2016, 06:46:46 pm »
I have updated my original post here, retyped, the error log into my post. Thanks for looking into it. The airports I departed from and landed at are both addon airports but the developer specifically states that FAGG is compatible with GSX

Try to edit the starting position of the vehicles using the customize parking position option in GSX: it's possible the parking is too small so there's not enough space for vehicles to turn around the plane.

Thanks Umberto, I contacted the scenery developer. I have a new GSX 'ini' file created for the scenery, will try it, hopefully it fixes my problem. I see now yet another update for Couatl. Lots of updates all of a sudden.  :)