Author Topic: old version GSX  (Read 3854 times)

CORNSMOKE

• AERO CORNSMOKE
    • music
old version GSX
« on: June 14, 2016, 07:27:31 pm »
is there a way to get rid of the new GSX update and restore my old version of GSX. i have tried everything these folks are telling me to do regarding the coutal.exe and the bglmanx.dll blocks and my addons menu missing the coutal and virtuali but nothing has worked. can i do a system restore point to get rid of the new GSX version and get the old one back so i can activate my purchase of KSFOHD  ... as all my payware airports depending on coutal are all messed up. fsdream team should give you the option to restore the older version but i see no way   ... thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: old version GSX
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2016, 02:11:45 pm »
Your problem is caused by the antivirus, and you wouldn't fix anything with an old version of GSX.

In fact, old versions would probably have MORE issues with antivirus, since we started to use the software Taggant digital signature, which is supposed to PREVENT antivirus false positive detections only in recent releases.

You don't have any other choice that fix your defective antivirus and correctly configure them.

The Windows Defender, which is the default antivirus that comes with Windows, doesn't cause any problems or require special configurations.

CORNSMOKE

• AERO CORNSMOKE
    • music
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2016, 09:33:25 pm »
thank you for the information sir, i learn something every time. i am wondering why the anti virus programs are not showing that they blocked it, as with other threats at times, these blocks happen fsx is booting up, the error boxes displayed are within the fsx screen and say microsoft flight simulator-security warning and says unknown publisher and the invalid digital signature thing on the coutal.exe   and   the bglmanx.dll  files. there is no "run anyway" choice, just an ok button, there is information given about unknown publisher by clicking on it, you can clic various tabs about publisher and get screens to import the certificate and such, but these blocks seem to be generated by fsx itself. yesterday i used nortons full system scan, running thru the fsx folder it caught 2 things both called heuristic virus and corrected them, the full system scan was still running when i went to sleep. this morning i saw that it was frooze up at almost 2 million files checked, i noticed it was running thru my WD external drives, my monitor went bonkers, a scary sight, the only thing i could do was hold the power button down till a shut down as cntrl-alt-delete had no function, i have a hopeful feeling the external drives are causing me grief. they are removed and i am doing a full system scan again sailing past 1.2 million items scan with no hits.  can you answer is it better to use fsx without any anti virus running? only once or twice has a trojan horse attached itself to fsx thru an online addon as a weather engine.   .. thanks for the reply

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2016, 11:58:12 am »
can you answer is it better to use fsx without any anti virus running? only once or twice has a trojan horse attached itself to fsx thru an online addon as a weather engine. 

I run FSX with the antivirus enabled, but with the whole FSX folder excluded from scanning. Never heard that a real virus spread from a legit 3rd party addon. Be careful what you download...

PhantomTweak

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2016, 08:37:41 pm »
I run FSX-SE with the dreaded Norton Internet Security software running, and like Mr. Virtuali, I excluded the FSX folder entire from scanning. I have had zero problems with it. I don't, however, have any of the great FSDT software installed, as I can't afford payware. I DO have the fantastic, amazing, wonderful Hornet v16.1 from the FSDT FSX Blue Angels, and it works like a dream. I have AICarriers.NET and vLSO installed too, and I use FSRealWX Lite. I have never seen a Trojan try to get into my machine from any of them.
Hope that helps a little. Just wanted to throw it all out there :)
Pat☺