Author Topic: GSX Error  (Read 3613 times)

Ualtoth

GSX Error
« on: June 17, 2016, 11:03:10 pm »
I load up in Newark KEWR and I am flying the PMDG 737 and I try to start GSX and I get this error

couatl v3.1 (build 3467)
panic log started on Fri Jun 17 15:55:37 2016

I don't want to reinstall it because then everything will be messed up after that with my FSDT airports.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 11:12:04 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Error
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2016, 11:12:34 pm »
couatl v3.1 (build 3467)

Your Couatl version is outdated, current build is 3487, and you should have received a prompt from Live Update to update it with the Stand-Alone Addon Manager by now.

Daniel Cat

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2016, 12:17:10 am »
Right, and I did receive the prompt when starting FSX, and the installation of the update went successful. But upon getting ready to use GSX I still get the unknown error issue.....

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2016, 12:20:28 am »
Right, and I did receive the prompt when starting FSX, and the installation of the update went successful. But upon getting ready to use GSX I still get the unknown error issue.....

But your error log show you haven't updated it.

Are you sure you are not confusing a "Minor Update" (one that doesn't require to quit FSX) with a "Major Update", which suggest to EXIT from FSX, then download and install the latest Stand-Alone Addon Manager ?

That's the only way to update Couatl.exe but, since we had both a Major and several Minor updates these days, it's possible you might have missed the major one.

Ualtoth

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2016, 03:58:50 am »

But your error log show you haven't updated it.

Are you sure you are not confusing a "Minor Update" (one that doesn't require to quit FSX) with a "Major Update", which suggest to EXIT from FSX, then download and install the latest Stand-Alone Addon Manager ?

That's the only way to update Couatl.exe but, since we had both a Major and several Minor updates these days, it's possible you might have missed the major one.

I did update it and it worked. But I had to download the new installer. Maybe with all these new updates coming out FSDT can send an email to people about the update. So we don't have to come on here and look stupid. Kinda tired of the FSDT software. Before all the updates I had to reinstall GSX, FSDT ORD and Addon Manager 3 times before it all worked with no errors. It just gets very frustrating and I refuse to buy any more FSDT products because of that.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2016, 12:02:16 pm »
I did update it and it worked. But I had to download the new installer.

No, you only had to download and install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, which is what the Live Update message you got a few days ago told you to.

Maybe with all these new updates coming out FSDT can send an email to people about the update

We have a Live Update notification system. Yet you must have chosen to ignore one suggestion to update. I'm not sure how sending emails, other than being way more intrusive, would make any difference, if you ignore update notifications.

So we don't have to come on here and look stupid.

There's also "Check Live Update" option in the Couatl menu. It's used so you can check if there are updates, in case you might have missed a notification or chose to ignore it.