Author Topic: GSX not recognizing RJCC gates in FSX  (Read 4031 times)

crauds

GSX not recognizing RJCC gates in FSX
« on: June 18, 2016, 05:20:19 pm »
GSX won't assign gates at RJCC because it thinks the aircraft is at RJCJ which has no gates.  The FSX AFCAD for RJCJ overruns the AFCAD for RJCC and I do not know how to correct this.  I have ADE but seems it does not have the capability to handle this particular situation.  I did have an ini file for both airports within GSX folder and deleted the one for RJCJ but this has not helped.  Obviously anyone who uses these airports within FSX must have the same GSX issue but I found no threads that addressed this.  Any suggestions?
Craig Williams
I7 7700K OC to 4.8Ghz 16GB DDR4 2666Mhz SD RAM GTX1060 6GB LIQ Cooled Win10 Home 64

crauds

Re: GSX not recognizing RJCC gates in FSX
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2016, 05:27:59 pm »
Aha!  I think I may have solved my own problem.  I just changed the name of the GSX ini file for RJCC to RJCJ and it works.  I am not certain, however, if under certain circumstances these files are not automatically updated at times by GSX . 
Craig Williams
I7 7700K OC to 4.8Ghz 16GB DDR4 2666Mhz SD RAM GTX1060 6GB LIQ Cooled Win10 Home 64

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2016, 06:13:33 pm »
The FSX AFCAD for RJCJ overruns the AFCAD for RJCC and I do not know how to correct this. 

See the manual explanation for the airport_visibility_XXXX parameter, and this thread:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,11770.msg90088.html#msg90088

crauds

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2016, 06:52:24 pm »
Thanks Umberto.  I know I had read something about that in one of the posts.  Must I have the latest version of GSX for that to work?  I think I have an earlier version (before you added option for runway takeoff selections) but it has worked so well for my use that I have not had reason to update.  Again I have FSX SP2 so many of your updates addressed issues pertinent to the other platforms from what I remember reading.  I can't imagine using my simulator without your program.  Keep up the great and innovative work!

Craig
Craig Williams

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2016, 02:07:43 am »
Thanks Umberto.  I know I had read something about that in one of the posts.  Must I have the latest version of GSX for that to work? 

No, this option has been there since April 2015, the date of the post I've linked. However, it's always best if you have the latest GSX version.

cowings1588

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2016, 09:43:24 am »
What about when it calls a gate Isolated ? I had a gate at KMFE its saying that the gate is Isolated & won't let gsx work ?  What do I do now in order to get it gsx to operate ??
COA
Bill

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2016, 11:52:01 am »
What about when it calls a gate Isolated ? I had a gate at KMFE its saying that the gate is Isolated & won't let gsx work ?  What do I do now in order to get it gsx to operate ??

That's clearly an error in the scenery. There's no reason why a developer would want to create an isolated parking, one that is not connected to anything. AI wouldn't be able to use it too.

Older version had a crash if this happened so, in order to not have users thinking this could be a GSX bug, we test for this case and issue that warning instead, to let you know the scenery has a problem.

If you really *want* to use that parking, you must edit the scenery AFCAD with an editor like ADE, and connect it to a taxiway.