Author Topic: Problems with GSX  (Read 5290 times)

toeb1985

Problems with GSX
« on: June 17, 2016, 02:48:54 pm »
Hi,
unfortunately i have some problems with GSX (at least since the last update). For example, sometimes when i load my airplane and the ground services, some vehicles (often stairs or baggage cars) are invisible unless i either restart couatle-engine, reset the parking position or choose a different operator. So i assume it is not my system (everything properly installed plus highmemfix). Re-installing entire gsx and only stand-alone manager did not help. A second problem (which i have so far only observed in YSSY by FlyTampa, please see below) happens after i pre-selected ground services for gate D45 in YSSY with the PMDG 737 after a 1:30 Flight from Hobart in-flight, when I want to request the follow-me car after vacating the runway. Then, the screen gets black and i get an error message with the log shown below that says something like <unknown> addon has caused the couatle engine to stop/crash (i do not exactly know) then it asks me to either restart the engine or not (after which it would close). Of course, I restart it, i am then back on the taxiway and then finally able to request the services including follow me car. Does anybody have similar problems or even a solution to it? I would appreciate any help. thanks in advance,

ERROR-LOG:

couatl v3.1 (build 3487)
panic log started on Fri Jun 17 14:35:12 2016

problem raised by addon <unknown>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "couatl\GSX\__init__.py", line 214, in prepareGate
  File "couatl\GSX\parkingServices\__init__.py", line 98, in setGate
  File "couatl\GSX\parkingServices\followMe.py", line 157, in __init__
  File "couatl\GSX\parkingServices\followMe.py", line 260, in nodeNearestToAircraft
  File "couatl\GSX\parkingServices\followMe.py", line 269, in _nodeNearestToPosition
RuntimeError: No edges in this airport
{'Requested FollowMe to': 'Gate D 45', 'Airport': 'ZSSY', 'Requested parking services to': 'Gate D 45', 'User Pos': (-33.951477062116595, 151.18694040789296, 8.85518 m, 2.45518 m, 317.6353181077248)}

Ad: I am using ASN (SP4.1) and FSX. So, I tested the effect of ASN by starting FSX (requesting GSX services in YSSY) without starting ASN and i have similuar issues of missing vehicles.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 03:57:51 pm by toeb1985 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Problems with GSX
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2016, 05:10:19 pm »
or example, sometimes when i load my airplane and the ground services, some vehicles (often stairs or baggage cars) are invisible unless i either restart couatle-engine, reset the parking position or choose a different operator.

Please be more precise, do the vehicle disappear *after* they initially showed up following a boarding/deboarding command, or they just don't appear ?

A second problem (which i have so far only observed in YSSY by FlyTampa, please see below) happens after i pre-selected ground services for gate D45 in YSSY with the PMDG 737 after a 1:30 Flight from Hobart in-flight, when I want to request the follow-me car after vacating the runway.

This error shouldn't happen, so we'll check it but, in the meantime, you should be able to fix it by adding the following line:

airport_visibility_ZSSY = 0

in the [GSX] section of %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatladdons.ini file

toeb1985

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2016, 05:28:16 pm »
Hi,

thanks a lot for your answer :). I´ll try the trick with adding the line to the .ini file (but should´nt it be "airport_visibility_YSSY = 0"?).  So, for example when boarding and then preparing for pushback and departure (as well as after landing de-boarding), sometimes one or more of the vehicles of the baggage train or even the baggage belt are not showing from the beginning onwards (though i think i have observed that those vehicles missing are visible for a millisecond after selecting an action than disappearing). After all, it looks like in the topic reported earlier today named "Sections of GSX vehicles missing" (sorry I just found this topic a second ago).

regards,  :)

Ad.: Inserting this line entirely excludes YSSY from using GSX. Maybe i´ll just stay without the option of in-flight selection of GSX options and just select parking/follow-me during taxing after vacating the runway. A different thing, but in the .ini file under the first section [park me] it says disabled = 1. Is this correct?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 05:54:55 pm by toeb1985 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2016, 11:01:24 pm »
I´ll try the trick with adding the line to the .ini file (but should´nt it be "airport_visibility_YSSY = 0"?).

Surely not. YSSY is the airport you want to use, ZSSY it's the fake ICAO which acts as an auxiliary airport that shouldn't be used by GSX so, you don't want to exclude YSSY, but ZSSY!

sometimes one or more of the vehicles of the baggage train or even the baggage belt are not showing from the beginning onwards (though i think i have observed that those vehicles missing are visible for a millisecond after selecting an action than disappearing).

Do you have ASN installed ?

Ad.: Inserting this line entirely excludes YSSY from using GSX

That's exactly what is supposed to do. As I've said, you must exclude ZSSY, not YSSY!!

toeb1985

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2016, 08:39:18 am »
Hi,
sorry, that was my mistake. I´ll change it and try out! Yes, I use ASN but i have started FSX and GSX on the gate with and without ASN running and i see this situation in both cases.

cheers,

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2016, 01:44:49 pm »
Yes, I use ASN but i have started FSX and GSX on the gate with and without ASN running and i see this situation in both cases.

Please indicate ALL the following:

- The airport used

- The gate used

- The airplane used

- The operator selected

- The sequence of GSX operations you made

- If you are SURE you have DISABLED ASN.

"Disabled" doesn't simply mean you don't launch it. It means you DISABLE its module in your %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX\DLL.XML folder, by editing the file and setting the

<Disabled>True</Disable>

in the section the loads the ASN module, which is called as_srv\as_btstrp.dll so, the whole section, after editing it, will look like this:

<Launch.Addon>
  <Name>as_connect</Name>
  <Disabled>True</Disabled>
  <Path>as_srv\as_btstrp.dll</Disabled>
</Launch.Addon>

This is the ONLY way to be sure the ASN module is really disabled. Please confirm if you still have the problem with that module disabled.

toeb1985

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2016, 05:24:48 pm »
I was at Gate D45 in FT´s YSSY airport with the PMDG 737-800 in the Virgin Australia Livery and used GSX with Virign Australia (GSX´s standard choice here) as the operator. I began with boarding where stairs/or baggage carts were missing (with ASN running). Obviously it seems to be ok when the ASN module is disabled as you described earlier (thanks here, as I am not such an expert who knows where and how do properly do this ...). However, when (what is not the proper ground operation order) I start with deboarding after loading the plane on the gate, i still get the issues of missing vehicles, also when i directly start with pushback and departure (where "incomplete" baggage cars that are not used during this action are located just next to the parking position).

The other issue with "ZSSY" is now fixed and after landing (when the gate was in-flight selected) the follow-me car can be ordered. Here, all vehicles are visible when i then select deboarding (with ASN running).

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2016, 06:20:38 pm »
Obviously it seems to be ok when the ASN module is disabled as you described earlier (thanks here, as I am not such an expert who knows where and how do properly do this ...).

Sorry, but you must be more precise. Have you disabled the module as I explained now ? What do you mean "it seems to be ok" ? Nothing in GSX disappears ?

However, when (what is not the proper ground operation order) I start with deboarding after loading the plane on the gate, i still get the issues of missing vehicles, also when i directly start with pushback and departure (where "incomplete" baggage cars that are not used during this action are located just next to the parking position).

It this happening with the ASN module *disabled* (REALLY disabled) too ?

I keep asking because, as I've said in another thread, I was NEVER, EVER able to see missing vehicles, so I downloaded the current ASN Trial and the first time I launched FSX with ASN enabled, I was FINALLY able to see a missing FSX baggage cart.

However, it happened only once, and I was never able to replicate it again, but it was clearly related to ASN.

Perhaps, is not enough to have "just" ASN, but several modules are needed, so (all together) they might just create too much traffic on the Simconnect communication channel, that GSX cannot talk with FSX anymore.

OF COURSE, this would affect any module but, if ASN (for example) skipped a weather update because it couldn't talk with FSX, nobody would notice it.

But if GSX is skipping a vehicle, you cannot miss it...hence, it seems like a "GSX problem", when in fact it's just a generic "clobbered Simconnect " problem, that you only notice on a product that DISPLAY things.

toeb1985

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2016, 06:50:51 pm »
Yep, i exactly did the way you described it earlier. But as i said, it then obviously only happens that a vehicle is missing when i select an "untypical" action right on the beginning (like "deboarding" or directly "pushback and departure" after loaded a plane on a gate, in my specific case D45 in YSSY). If i select "boarding", "refuelling" or "catering" everything is just fine as it was in my last test after landing in YSSY where ASN was running in the background.