Author Topic: GSX Not evoking **SOLVED**  (Read 2583 times)

kconlon

GSX Not evoking **SOLVED**
« on: June 11, 2016, 08:15:07 pm »
I recently uninstalled my current GSX version and re-installed the latest version dated  8-jun-16.  I have all of the menu bar options in P3D (3.3.2) under the Add-ons tab, and when evoking GSX from the keyboard command CTRL-SHIFT-F12 or the listing in the Add-on tabs nothing appears.  The airport cache did rebuild when the p3d first launched.  I have recently updated to W10.
Any assistance would be welcome.

Kevin

« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 03:52:07 pm by virtuali »

kconlon

Re: GSX Not evoking
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2016, 08:31:01 pm »
 I'm stumped and not sure what to try next.  I've added couatl to the exceptions in Defender (along with all the P3D directory), I run P3D as administrator, have couatl.exe set to run as administrator, have UAC turned off and have uninstalled/re-installed GSX, re-installed the Standalone Addon Manager with no luck. 
The other things I have noticed is that ctrl-F12 (Show Your Control Menu) does not display anything either (I have PHNL, Hawaii 1&2 , JFK, FLL). I have attached Couatl.log and it shows that Simconnect was successful and Couatl is running (it is on the menu bar)
 There are no entries in the Couatl.err file.

Any thoughts?

Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2016, 12:06:35 pm »
This has ben discussed many times on the forum. It's not something that has anything to do with GSX.

Every 3rd party application with a menu will not display the menu if you upgraded P3D using only the Client installer, which is missing support for the updated in-game menus.

Either install the P3D "Content", or use the "Full" installer.

kconlon

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2016, 02:21:25 pm »
Thanks Umberto that seems to have solved it.  What's strange is I hadn't updated P3d since 3.2 was released (I misspoke in my original post about the version).  I did do a convert-in-place W7 -> W10 and  the install dated for P3d for the Content and Professional were different. (W10 must have re-installed P3d during the uplift?)
Reinstalled the Content and it all works now. 

Thanks again.

Kevin