Author Topic: GSX Custom Vehicles  (Read 3050 times)

PhilA

GSX Custom Vehicles
« on: June 16, 2016, 09:07:26 pm »
Since the update of GSX to version 1.9.9, I have not been able to use my Custom vehicles.  I have reinstalled using the latest full installer (as of this morning, 16 June 2016) and then installed the Vehicle updates and Paintkit (both downloaded this morning).  I have read about, and applied the required edits to the sim.cfg for the custom vehicles.  I have compared the sim.cfg for the user objects with the standard objects of the same type and they are identical except for the Flightsim section.

My custom objects use the full ICAO code and I have tested for Exeter (EGTE) and Birmingham (EGBB).  In both cases where I call for GSX services, I am presented with a list from the standard handlers.  In the case of Exeter, at least, EGTE is not specified for any handler, only in my _User objects.  The best matches for Exeter in the standard objects is EG.

These were working fine before my update to 1.9.9.  Have I missed something?

Regards, Phil

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Custom Vehicles
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2016, 12:04:08 pm »
It's not possible to say without looking both at your objects, and the airport AFCAD.

Latest GSX makes a difference between cargo and non-cargo operators so, a cargo operator will never appear on a cargo parking and vice-versa so, maybe this is the reason why you don't see your own operator, and it's different if you made one from scratch, or one that is already recognized by GSX but with no livery.

PhilA

Re: GSX Custom Vehicles
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2016, 06:37:25 pm »
Thank you for your reply.  I have checked as I was using a customised AFCAD at Exeter, but the the gate used was of type Gate, not Cargo, ramp or military.  To test further, I tested at LFPO as this is a totally default scenery.  Again, my custom vehicles did not show.

However, I did further testing to report back my findings and I discovered that if I include the couatl.atc_parking_codes= line in the User sim.cfg, the custom vehicles appear.

I will now go through all the USER sim.cfg files to add this line to my entries.

Thank you for you help.