Author Topic: COUTAL-VIRTUALI LINKS  (Read 6631 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: COUTAL-VIRTUALI LINKS
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2016, 03:36:42 pm »
And what, other than 3% of antivirus are bugged and reported a false positive (on a 2008 version of the program...), that page is supposed to "prove" ?

We KNOW that antivirus ARE bugged so, obviously, webpages based on false positive are not an indication of anything. That's whole point of having the EXCLUSION of some files in every antivirus product. If the antivirus was flawless, there was no need for an exclude function to begin with.

You said yourself you used Norton: everybody knows Norton is the undeniable absolute champion of false positives! If you go on the Symantec forum, there are THOUSANDS of posts about this, affecting all kind of legit products.

CORNSMOKE

• AERO CORNSMOKE
    • music
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2016, 04:14:22 pm »
do you know if malwarebytes is a anti virus as well as malware?  if so i will uninstall nortons again and just use malware bytes but i have added the exclusions to nortons and malwarebytes, did a system restore to a prior the time i downloaded the gsx update and have gsx v 1.7 again but the errors persist. i was hoping the restore point would give back all the conditions before i installed gsx update but the same 2 errors appear even after the restore point

CORNSMOKE

• AERO CORNSMOKE
    • music
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2016, 04:48:26 pm »
i noticed the serial number in the link does not match the serial number in the error when i viewed the errors properties in coutal.exe, should it be the same as in the link?  .. it did no good installing the certificate in trusted publishers by the way

CORNSMOKE

• AERO CORNSMOKE
    • music
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2016, 04:51:15 pm »
this is the serial number issued in the link regarding virtuali     0a57f8b0f30e362eec55bacb27f0f041

... should i change it to that number ?

pgde

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2016, 05:13:59 pm »
do you know if malwarebytes is a anti virus as well as malware?  if so i will uninstall nortons again and just use malware bytes but i have added the exclusions to nortons and malwarebytes, did a system restore to a prior the time i downloaded the gsx update and have gsx v 1.7 again but the errors persist. i was hoping the restore point would give back all the conditions before i installed gsx update but the same 2 errors appear even after the restore point

No -- as the name says it is Malware only.
Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK, Blk Ed MB; Intel I7-4790K CPU (@4.5 Ghz); Deepcool 240 AIO Cooler; 16 Gb G.Skill RAM (F3-2400); Win10 Pro (P3D V5.3); 2 Samsung 1Tb SSDs;Toshiba 3Tb hard drive; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2016, 05:20:01 pm »
do you know if malwarebytes is a anti virus as well as malware? 

Many anti-malwre products behaves like antivirus products, false positives included.

if so i will uninstall nortons again and just use malware bytes but i have added the exclusions to nortons and malwarebytes, did a system restore to a prior the time i downloaded the gsx update and have gsx v 1.7 again but the errors persist.

We cannot support you with an outdated GSX version, sorry. You MUST use the current one and follow my previous instructions.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2016, 05:23:00 pm »
this is the serial number issued in the link regarding virtuali     0a57f8b0f30e362eec55bacb27f0f041

... should i change it to that number ?

Please STOP referring to that site!! It's only confusing you. You haven't even noticed that is referring to a 2008 version o of the program ? And it refers to a digital signature that has long expired.

There's nothing you are supposed to do with digital certificates.

The only thing you must do, is to EXCLUDE our files from the antivirus, and install with ALL antivirus/antimalware/anti-spyware products turned off.

CORNSMOKE

• AERO CORNSMOKE
    • music
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2016, 05:46:43 pm »
ok sir, i am asking malwarebytes if there is a way to disable/ turn it off as i do not see one. i did add to malwarebytes exclusions for the coutal.exe and bglmanx.dll errors.  thank you for your help

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2016, 05:54:33 pm »
i am asking malwarebytes if there is a way to disable/ turn it off as i do not see one.

I don't have any idea how to use a software I don't use. Surely it must have some way to disable itself, at least temporarily. If you really cannot find it, I suggest to uninstall it and use a more flexible/easy to use security product.

In any case, this is what I found when Googling for "malwarebytes turn off"

http://smallbusiness.chron.com/temporarily-disable-malwarebytes-65355.html

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2016, 07:43:25 pm »
I'm using the premium version of malwarebytes, it's never flagged anything to do with flight simulation.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

CORNSMOKE

• AERO CORNSMOKE
    • music
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2016, 07:47:54 pm »
thank you, even with all anti virus and malware turned i still get unknown publisher- invalid digital signature errors on fsx boot for coutal.exe and bglmanx.dll  .. it leaves me thinking nothing to do with anti virus.  can you not just give me another way to access my payware airports?? i followed your instructions what else can i do but live with a bunch of non working payware

CORNSMOKE

• AERO CORNSMOKE
    • music
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2016, 07:52:56 pm »
hi Bruce, i had 2 items in quarantine by malwalbytes with fsx, they are c:\programdata\reality xp\reality xp.dll    and   c:users\gary cornsmoke\easyfmc_fsx.exe    as long as they are in quarantine fsx behaves

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2016, 08:44:37 pm »
even with all anti virus and malware turned i still get unknown publisher- invalid digital signature errors on fsx boot for coutal.exe and bglmanx.dll  .. it leaves me thinking nothing to do with anti virus.

Unless you have a REAL virus, this has *everything* to do with the antivirus. If the digital signature is invalid, it means the files has been ALTERED on YOUR system. That's the point of having a digital signature to begin with: to let you know for sure if the file you are dealing with is the SAME the developer distributed, or it has been altered in some way on your system. If the file has been altered, even by a single byte, the digital signature will become invalid, so you will know you have a problem in your system, because it's not the file as we distributed it.

Now, why the file has been altered ? It can be only due to one of the following:

1) You got a REAL virus (which is not obviously coming from our files, which instead are the victims of it)

OR

2) Your antivirus changed it, because it mistakenly flagged it as a threat, so it tried to "heal" it, thus corrupting it, because there wasn't obviously anything to heal to begin with.

can you not just give me another way to access my payware airports?? i followed your instructions what else can i do but live with a bunch of non working payware

I already clearly indicated the correct procedure to deal with a faulty antivirus. Assuming the fault is the antivirus, and not a real virus. You cannot expect the files would work, if they have been tampered with. The lack of a valid digital signature is telling you just that.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2016, 08:45:56 pm »
hi Bruce, i had 2 items in quarantine by malwalbytes with fsx, they are c:\programdata\reality xp\reality xp.dll    and   c:users\gary cornsmoke\easyfmc_fsx.exe    as long as they are in quarantine fsx behaves

Which clearly proves that either:

1) Your antivirus is NOT mistakenly blocking JUST FSDT files, but even other files from OTHER developers!

OR

2) You have a real virus, that has attached both FSDT files AND these too!