Author Topic: Updated GSX not working.  (Read 5871 times)

Esub2016

Updated GSX not working.
« on: June 14, 2016, 09:07:56 pm »
Hello,

I updated to the new version of GSX but now FSX: SE won't load up. It says no .DAT found, when I installed it, it didn't install right. Kept saying deactivate antivirus program but last time I installed it, it installed fine and didn't say anything about deactivating antivirus program that I recall. If you need more information i'll get it for you, i'm not on sim computer until late afternoon/early evening. Can someone help me figure out the problem please and help me repair the problem please?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Updated GSX not working.
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2016, 01:59:11 pm »
I'm not sure what you did to update, but as first thing to do, download and install the *current* GSX FULL installer.

It's not possible it would say something like ".DAT not found", since these files are included in each and every FSDT installer, the only possible reason I could think of, is the antivirus is removing them for some reason.

Esub2016

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2016, 02:57:27 am »
Ok. Should I uninstall GSX and reinstall it then deactivate antivirus while it's install?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2016, 01:24:26 pm »
Ok. Should I uninstall GSX and reinstall it then deactivate antivirus while it's install?

- Go into Control Panel, Uninstall GSX and reply YES to the questions "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?" and reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Couatl script engine ?"

- TURN YOUR ANTIVIRUS OFF.

With the antivirus still disabled, reinstall GSX. Use the latest full GSX installer on our site.

- BEFORE launching FSX, configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\Couatl.exe

- Now you can turn your Antivirus on, and launch FSX

- Note if FSX asks permission to run the Addon Manager and the Couatl programs, reply YES to both. PAY ATTENTION TO THIS.

- When FSX loads, check if you have BOTH the "Addon Manager" and the "Couatl powered products" under the "Addons" menu.

Esub2016

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2016, 12:39:22 am »
Ok. I won't be able to do this for a couple days. I'll let you know if it works.

jtbetteridge

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2016, 09:23:16 pm »

- When FSX loads, check if you have BOTH the "Addon Manager" and the "Couatl powered products" under the "Addons" menu.

I have the same problem.

Is this the same for FSX-SE?  I can't see the Addons menu - where is it?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2016, 10:02:31 pm »
Is this the same for FSX-SE?  I can't see the Addons menu - where is it?

You don't even have the *whole* "Addons" menu ?

Then your problem is far bigger than just not having GSX running...it seems that no 3rd party module ever works and this (unless GSX is the *only* 3rd party addon module you ever loaded), doesn't seem to be normal.

jtbetteridge

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2016, 10:28:59 am »
I probably need to give you more information.

I ran GSX successfully in FSX-SE on Tuesday night.  I didn't change anything, but on Thursday morning when I used FSX-SE, having loaded the flight  (aerosoft airbus, UK2000 EGKK, ASN weather with soft clouds etc) I pressed Ctrl-F12 and no GSX menu appears but the error notice referred to in the other thread.

I followed your instructions as best I could in the other thread, uninstall, download brand new GSX, install, check the antivirus exclusions etc etc.  I can see the fsdreamteam folder in FSX-SE, and GSX and LSGG are there.  I have done this 3 times, and also downloaded the Addon Manager separately.    I have an Addon Scenery folder, but no folder in FSX-SE called "Addons".  I haven't deleted anything.

However, GSX is not working in FSX-SE.

I would appreciate help please

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2016, 11:04:56 am »
I pressed Ctrl-F12 and no GSX menu appears but the error notice referred to in the other thread.

So you DO have the Addons menu after all. Please do not refer to multiple threads when discussing the same issue. Decide which thread you think is more appropriate to your problem, and stick to it.

jtbetteridge

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2016, 11:08:10 am »
Yes I have the add-ons menu drop down if that's what you mean

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2016, 11:12:21 am »
Yes I have the add-ons menu drop down if that's what you mean

But you haven't said which error you got:

the error notice referred to in the other thread.

Which "other thread" ? Which error ? Again, please don't reply here, if there's another thread which is more appropriate to your problem.

jtbetteridge

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2016, 11:32:54 am »
I'll start a new thread, this is too confusing, sorry