Author Topic: Coutl constantly crashing with recent update  (Read 9433 times)

downscc

Re: Coutl constantly crashing with recent update
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2016, 04:56:09 pm »
All of you with a Couatl 3469 version in your log: the errors are caused because you haven't installed the yesterday's update, which should have prompted you to download and install the latest Stand-Alone Addon Manager.

There is no prompt to download latest Addon Manager, only prompt is to update couatl followed by endless loop of either error message or close couatl.  If the intent is to advise us that we also need to run the addon manager update I am afraid that fails.

Also, the couatl is run with P3D running and no need to restart.  The addon manager needs to be run with P3D closed. Correct?  Why not tell us when launching P3D that a new addon manager needs installed?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 04:57:52 pm by downscc »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2016, 05:17:05 pm »
There is no prompt to download latest Addon Manager, only prompt is to update couatl followed by endless loop of either error message or close couatl.  If the intent is to advise us that we also need to run the addon manager update I am afraid that fails.

The prompts are not updated constantly, but only every 24 hours.

The addon manager needs to be run with P3D closed. Correct?

If there's an updated to the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, it requires P3D to be closed. The Live Update notification will tell you if this is the case.

Why not tell us when launching P3D that a new addon manager needs installed?

Because many users complained about too many notifications, so we listened and had the update to check for updates only every 24 hours. But you can force a check anytime, using the relevant option in the Live Update menu.

Speedbird ATC

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2016, 08:34:45 pm »
Installing the update: Lets pray it works! EDIT: Installed the update, I get an error the minute I request catering.

Code: [Select]
couatl v3.1 (build 3467)
panic log started on Wed Jun 15 11:39:16 2016

problem raised by addon <unknown>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "couatl\common\fsm.py", line 61, in switchToState
  File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\__init__.py", line 590, in enter
  File "couatl\common\criticalsection.py", line 23, in _synchronized
  File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\__init__.py", line 141, in requestVehicles
  File "couatl\GSX\__init__.py", line 808, in prepareGate
  File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\__init__.py", line 1343, in setGate
  File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\jetwayOperations.py", line 76, in setGate
AttributeError: 'Couatl.Parking' object has no attribute '_bglName'
{'Airport': 'EDDM', 'Requested assistance services at': 'Gate 110', 'User Pos': (48.353742124610505, 11.783073521225518, 457.715 m, 4.47777 m, 84.21967899941384)}
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 08:36:42 pm by Speedbird ATC »

Aang72

« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2016, 08:49:07 pm »
I have installed the update and after initially getting the error mentioned a few times, it hasn't popped up since.

But if it does, I will post again.  Trying running a whole flight with Coastl disabled and then reload it. 

(Note: For my FSX, San Diego and parts of Florida are "corrupted" when loading a saved "flight" from that location (it will crash if I load that flight directly from the load button on the startup page) so I have to load the previous non-Florida/San Diego flight direct, then load the other flight.  I can not tell you if this caused the program to start working or not.  My guess it didn't.)

Speedbird ATC

« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2016, 08:54:57 pm »
Never mind, installing the standalone ADDON MANAGER seems to have fixed it. I think the problem is fixed now, but if it does not work I will get back to you. Thanks for your help! Oh, and I see some new features coming judging from that customization panel ;)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2016, 08:58:32 pm »
Never mind, installing the standalone ADDON MANAGER seems to have fixed it.

Yes, that's what you have to do to get a new Couatl.exe.

jadolfo

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2016, 12:22:00 pm »
Hi,

Sorry for my bad English.

Please, may you give me a direct link for download the Addon Manager?. I am looking for it and can't find it. :'(

Thanks!
J. Adolfo Medina

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2016, 01:11:50 pm »
Please, may you give me a direct link for download the Addon Manager?. I am looking for it and can't find it.

There's a link to it in each and every page of every product, on the left side of the page. Impossible to miss...