Author Topic: Have to keep restarting COUALT regularly?  (Read 4424 times)

sidfadc

Have to keep restarting COUALT regularly?
« on: June 12, 2016, 08:33:40 pm »
Hi guys,

I've had this KLAX for a month or so now but I have an annoying issue and wonder if it's something at my end or not.  I'm using FSX-SE with DX10 fixer.  Sometimes, I stress sometimes when I'm flying into KLAX by the time I can see the airport in detail from say 1-2NM away the scenery hasn't loaded properly, it just looks kinda weird.  Not like FSX default but just like all the scenery buildings are missing and the runway texture looks messy.  If I go to the addon's drop down menu and restart COUALT the cache is rebuilt and bingo the airport scenery appears as it should.  I can provide some screenshots if it helps.  I don't think this ever happens if I spawn at one of the gates if I'm departing, it only appears to happen when I'm flying into the airport.  I'm having to keep remembering to restart COUALT before I depart from my destination but usually I forget and it kind of ruins the immersion when I'm landing and think oh crap I forgot to restart.

Has anyone seen this before?

Cheers
Sid

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Have to keep restarting COUALT regularly?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2016, 10:20:24 am »
It's not normal the cache would always rebuild, if you ask for a normal restart ( not the new option to restart *and* rebuild the cache ). But it's normal that, if the cache didn't completed the last time, airports wouldn't work.

Do you have some kind of external utility that changes the Scenery Library at each flight ?

sidfadc

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2016, 01:45:25 pm »
I do use Simstarter NG for various custom flight profiles however I use the same scenery library for every flight, I have never deactivated anything at all.  Do you think this might have something to do with it?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2016, 04:30:15 pm »
I don't know what that utility does but, the two possible reasons for a constant cache regenerations at the Couatl restart (excluding the ones you explicitly called for), are either a change in the Scenery Library, or a failure to complete the last cache  regeneration.

Activating logging in the Troubleshooting page of the GSX - Settings menu, might give you some indications in the Couatl.LOG file if the cache regeneration failed for any reason.

sidfadc

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2016, 05:41:30 pm »
ok will give that a go...

Thanks
Sid