Author Topic: Jetway Control @ KMEM?  (Read 4143 times)

bhorv67

Jetway Control @ KMEM?
« on: June 10, 2016, 10:48:18 pm »
With the latest version of GSX and the fabulous KMEM, how do I control the jetway at the gate? While using FS2Crew on the NGX, there's an option for jetway to deploy at aircraft power up. This doesn't happen. Also not working is ctrl + J. After some time (maybe 20 minutes) an option appears in the ctrl + F12 menu to activate the jetway. Is there another way to do this?

Also, regarding avatar mode - if I warp to another location in the airport, how do you get back to the plane?

downscc

Re: Jetway Control @ KMEM?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2016, 05:11:31 am »
Right now, you have to use the GSX menu for boarding/deboarding to move the jetway.  Be advised that it parks the jetway as soon as the boarding time in settings elapses.

I've asked for a direct control of the jetway but that hasn't gotten a response.

Hnla

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2016, 05:57:11 am »
Right now, you have to use the GSX menu for boarding/deboarding to move the jetway.  Be advised that it parks the jetway as soon as the boarding time in settings elapses.

I've asked for a direct control of the jetway but that hasn't gotten a response.

I know... Cntrl+J was so much nicer...

And Umberto seems to be on a month vacation or something

Speedbird ATC

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2016, 06:03:01 am »
I don't think there is anything nice about wheels going into the ground and the rest of the jetway going inside my plane...

Hnla

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2016, 06:11:34 am »
I don't think there is anything nice about wheels going into the ground and the rest of the jetway going inside my plane...

I never said we should get rid of SODE, I think there should be a way to manually call/retract the jetway at the person's discretion, without having to "board" or "deboard" the aircraft.

BTW- have you finished with KSEA yet?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2016, 02:49:05 pm »
And Umberto seems to be on a month vacation or something

Stop with the nonsense. I was away for LESS than 24 hours, and it's now "a month"...it seems that spoiling users replying at every time of the day or the night, during weekends and vacations, has come to this effect.

bhorv67

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2016, 04:09:32 am »
Can we get back to the original issue - how can I deploy the jetway at KMEM at power up of the aircraft, as in the past? It seems very odd to have boarding begin with the jetway parked. There has to be a better way to control the SODE jetway.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2016, 01:32:59 pm »
how can I deploy the jetway at KMEM at power up of the aircraft, as in the past? It seems very odd to have boarding begin with the jetway parked. There has to be a better way to control the SODE jetway.

As already explained, you cannot do that. We must update GSX for this. No timeline about this feature, until we fix all the outstanding issues.