Author Topic: no services at remote locations  (Read 2948 times)

Richard514

no services at remote locations
« on: June 15, 2016, 06:53:59 pm »
Definition of "remote", and how to enable services at those remote locations.
Thank you,
Great product.
Richard

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: no services at remote locations
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2016, 08:48:53 pm »
Well, what's your definition of "remote", because it's not very clear what to you mean with it.

Richard514

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2016, 02:29:38 pm »
Thank you for responding.

I am flying the PMDG 737ngx out of KMDT Harrisburg in FSX.  Using Airport Design Editor I have created a new stand on an existing apron.  I have created a taxiway extension from an existing taxiway and a vehicle roadway from an existing roadway.  This new location is within ~200 yards from the terminal.

Oh yes, this basic copy of KMDT scenery is a freeware version and I don't know how to test if this scenery is recognized by GSX.  Is there a method?

When I startup the 737 (brakes, etc.) and when I request GSX, I get the popup that services are not available at this remote location.

Please point me to a solution.  I realize that perhaps a self-created airport is not supported, but I was thinking that there may be a method in GSX to create the required links.  If I must use other scenery, so be it.

I appreciate your comments.

Richard

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2016, 12:16:14 pm »
GSX only works with an airport, if it can find all the data it needs in a single AFCAD. It cannot take data from multiple AFCADs, like FSX does, so you cannot create just an "enhancement" airport: it must be complete.

"Complete", from a GSX point of view, meaning it must have at least one parking connected to the taxiway layout.

Using ADE, you can create an addon airport based on a default airport, using the "Load Stock Data" option from the Tools menu, which will import all data from that airport from the default scenery, so you can add on that, and obtain a "complete" airport that can be used with GSX.

Richard514

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2016, 01:28:20 pm »
Thank you, good reply.  I will work on it.

I appreciate all your efforts.

Richard