Author Topic: Fuel truck suggestion  (Read 2312 times)

Pirateinparadise

Fuel truck suggestion
« on: October 25, 2016, 10:51:44 pm »
Hey Umberto,

I had a sick day today so I've decided to do some flying.  ;D

I thought of a neat update for the fuel trucks. Can you add an option to the menu that allows us to input the percentage of fuel that we want  in each tank after we select refueling and have the actual fuel in the aircraft adjusted by GSX during refueling? An example would be in the default 737. It has left, center, and right tanks. If GSX would let me input say, 50% in each of the outer tanks, and 100% in the center tank, when the fuel truck pulls up, GSX could increase the levels in the tank by say, 5% every couple of seconds, we could watch the fuel quantities increase on the gauges as the truck fills us up. That would be really nice.

I use the setting not to have the menu pop up, and the truck just shows up for a little while and then leaves. With my suggestion, it would stay until the entered quantity of fuel was "pumped" into the tanks.

Just an idea. I love my GSX!!! Thanks!

Edit: I forgot to mention, whatever you did to the Follow Me vehicle logic the last time that you updated it really did the trick. It's been working perfectly. I called for it after I was assigned a very long taxi route at KMCO, but instead of waiting I decided to just start following the progressive taxi. Well blow me down, the follow me jumped in front of me and guided me all the way across the airport perfectly. I was sure that I had messed it up by moving my airplane before it got there. Thanks for the fixes!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 01:53:11 am by Pirateinparadise »
The drinking rum on the beach kind. Not the software stealing kind.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Fuel truck suggestion
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2016, 09:45:33 am »
I thought of a neat update for the fuel trucks.

We are redoing the whole refueling function in GSX from scratch.

And yes, it will feature progressive refueling that will actual fill the plane (so you'll see it going down very slowly over its gears and yes, the fuel hose will keep stay attached to it correctly), at the realistic speed depending on actual real-world capabilities of the different vehicles pumps performances.

Different fuel trucks will have different tank capacities so, for example, you asked for 40000 gallons of fuel to be loaded on a 747, it will take 4 trips of the larger fuel truck, since its tank has 10000 gals of capacity, and will take at least 40 minutes to refuel (totally realistic), since that vehicle can pump fuel at 1000 GPM. The choice of the refueling vehicle is made depending on the airplane capacity, so the smaller planes will call for smaller trucks.

Since you might not want to wait all this time, so we also put a "Fuel Time Acceleration" slider in the settings which will go from 1x (1:1 with reality) to 10x ( 10 times faster than reality ).

And yes, this will recognize and will work in conjunction with the progressive refueling option found in popular 3rd party planes like the PMDG 777 and the Aerosoft Airbus.

Pirateinparadise

Re: Fuel truck suggestion
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2016, 01:14:30 pm »
That sounds great! I should have known that you guys had already thought of that. Thank you for the detailed reply.

I don't guess I could trick you into telling us when we would be likely to see this released? lol... ;D
The drinking rum on the beach kind. Not the software stealing kind.