Author Topic: Need help to get GSX up and running again in P3D  (Read 2064 times)

sparkyoz

Need help to get GSX up and running again in P3D
« on: June 07, 2016, 12:57:17 pm »
Hi,

I really need help trying to get GSX working again in P3D.  About 3 weeks ago I re-installed P3D V3.2 and all add-ons including EZDOK, ORBX, FSUIPC, ASN, FS2CREW, PMDG, UT2 and the list goes on.  All are working.  DLL.XML and EXE.XML seem to be ok as well.  Add-on manager is installed and product is registered in add-on manager.

Unfortunatley, the only program I can't seem to get to run again is GSX.  Yes, I have read many topics on here without any luck.  I have downloaded the lastest installer with the AV off and excluded the dll files from being scanned.  The SODE and GSX options are coming up in the Add-ons menu.  however when I press Ctr+F12 nothing happens or if I use the Add-on menue option.  Except, when I first load a scenario  and I place the NGX on the active runway with engines running, I press Ctrl+F12 and I get the message about having to shut down the engines.  I do that and pressing the Ctrl+F12 after I shut the engines, I get no response from GSX.

If anybody has any suggestions I'd be greatful for assistance.

Regards,

Sparky
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 01:16:45 pm by sparkyoz »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Need help to get GSX up and running again in P3D
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2016, 04:25:04 pm »
The SODE and GSX options are coming up in the Add-ons menu.  however when I press Ctr+F12 nothing happens or if I use the Add-on menue option.  Except, when I first load a scenario  and I place the NGX on the active runway with engines running, I press Ctrl+F12 and I get the message about having to shut down the engines.

Nothing you might have read about antivirus, or XML files has anything to do with your issue, and no, GSX is not the only program affected, but you won't noticed it, unless you try a 3rd party application that has an in-game menu like the GSX (for example SODE, I'm sure its TAB-S menu doesn't work either).

If you get the message from GSX about shutting down your engines, it means GSX is running correctly!!

If you don't see the menu, it's because you haven't installed the P3D "Content", and it's a well documented issue of the "Client" installer: no 3rd party application with a semi-transparent menu will work unless you install the P3D 3.2 "Content"