Author Topic: No pushback sounds!  (Read 1710 times)

selcal77

No pushback sounds!
« on: June 05, 2016, 05:00:59 pm »
Hi all,

In the last couple of weeks or so, I have had a problem with the GSX pushback sounds not playing. As it doesn't affect the functionality, I've not been too motivated to look into it but I've realised it may be part of a wider problem.

I also fly online and use vPilot - at around the same time as the GSX problem arose, certain sounds stopped playing in vPilot as well, so I posted on their forum. Having delved a bit further, it seems that I can no longer play mono wav files in Windows 10 - only the stereo wavs will play. As this happened suddenly and inexplicably, I'm guessing it has been caused by a Windows update at some point. I'm going to try updating my audio drivers to see if that resolves the issue, but I wondered if anyone else was having a similar issue?

Would be interested for any info or advice on this, or even better a solution! :)

Cheers,

Tim

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No pushback sounds!
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2016, 03:48:24 pm »
This is very interesting, and might explain similar issues other users reported.

I think it's a bit of a problem because, most games out there that use positional 3D sound, like GSX, will surely use mono Waves, since you cannot place a Stereo sound in the 3d space.

But it must be related to the audio drivers and audio hardware used, because I still can hear mono sounds just fine. I have two audio devices, the normal speakers and a USB headphone, and they are both working normally.