Author Topic: Please help. Gsx latest update 1.19.19 ..  (Read 9408 times)

tsberry901

Re: Please help. Gsx latest update 1.19.19 ..
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2016, 09:12:57 am »
Same problem here. What I did for a temporary fix was to move:
1. TMLD_ADEX_JS.BGL
2. TMLJ_ADEX_JS.BGL
3. ZMIA_ADEX_RGM.BGL

to a temporary folder and then GSX ran fine. I believe the programmer was correct in his explanation of what is happening. May I ask him to add a feature within "Customize Airport Positions" to allow us customers to manually select an AFCAD if the program chooses incorrectly. I still (along with everybody else) would like to know WHY at this time time problem crops up?

Tom Berry

tsberry901

« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2016, 10:09:54 am »
The other method to fix the Miami v3 airport problem is to do exactly what the programmer suggested:
Edit the file:
%appdata%\roaming\Virtuali\CouatlAddons.ini
Go to the section [gsx]
and add the following:
airport_visibility_zmia = 0
airport_visibility_tmld = 0
airport_visibility_tmlj = 0

That also fixes the problem and keeps the original files in place.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2016, 11:18:14 am »
May I ask him to add a feature within "Customize Airport Positions" to allow us customers to manually select an AFCAD if the program chooses incorrectly

There's already an option, explained in the manual, which is the airport_visibility_XXXX = n command ( 0 to exclude ), so you don't have to manually select the right AFCAD but, instead, you exclude the ones that shouldn't be used.

I still (along with everybody else) would like to know WHY at this time time problem crops up?

Maybe it's just the result of the program now correctly picking AFCADs that it might have been missed before. But then you will have to exclude them, if they are using the fictional ICAO method to depict smaller airports inside or very close the main one.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 02:00:14 pm by virtuali »

sax702

« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2016, 01:23:57 pm »
The other method to fix the Miami v3 airport problem is to do exactly what the programmer suggested:
Edit the file:
%appdata%\roaming\Virtuali\CouatlAddons.ini
Go to the section [gsx]
and add the following:
airport_visibility_zmia = 0
airport_visibility_tmld = 0
airport_visibility_tmlj = 0

That also fixes the problem and keeps the original files in place.

This resolves the problem for me, thank you.   

Regards

Dave

kylep

« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2016, 02:03:08 pm »
Ok I will try what you did. What I did was I went to the inifile location and I disabled the ZMIA.i didn't use the airport visibility method. As a result the gsx only had the airline " Swissport" as parking services not even American Airlines at Miami. Miami is an American Airlines hub.
Now let's say what you say is correct about latinvfr KMIA.
What about the parking services at kord and klax again American Airlines is not even listed there and yet it was prior to this update.
All this I did make a post about in a new topic a few days ago.

So my question is with the above method you mentioned, does that have the correct airline parking services in LATINVFR KMIA like prior to the update?
Thank you

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2016, 02:36:22 pm »
What about the parking services at kord and klax again American Airlines is not even listed there and yet it was prior to this update.

This is another entirely different issue, and it has been fixed with a vehicles update file, as discussed here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,13612.msg100872.html#msg100872

tsberry901

« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2016, 08:26:37 am »
The problem is the correct AFCAD is not being selected by the software. One of the files,  ZMIA_ADEX_RGM.BGL, as an example is not an airport. It's a tunnel that would go below the airport's elevation. (ref:ricardo@latinvfr.com)

May I ask him to add a feature within "Customize Airport Positions" to allow us customers to manually select an AFCAD if the program chooses incorrectly

There's already an option, explained in the manual, which is the airport_visibility_XXXX = n command ( 0 to exclude ), so you don't have to manually select the right AFCAD but, instead, you exclude the ones that shouldn't be used.

I still (along with everybody else) would like to know WHY at this time time problem crops up?

Maybe it's just the result of the program now correctly picking AFCADs that it might have been missed before. But then you will have to exclude them, if they are using the fictional ICAO method to depict smaller airports inside or very close the main one.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2016, 09:37:52 am »
The problem is the correct AFCAD is not being selected by the software. One of the files,  ZMIA_ADEX_RGM.BGL, as an example is not an airport. It's a tunnel that would go below the airport's elevation. (ref:ricardo@latinvfr.com)

I can only confirm the problem has been fixed in the latest update from yesterday:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,13601.msg101344.html#msg101344