Author Topic: CYVR handling company assignment issue  (Read 7313 times)

drewmtb29

CYVR handling company assignment issue
« on: June 05, 2016, 05:23:41 am »
Refer to my post in CYVR support forum. Only given sky chefs and gate gourmet as options at all gates with a Westjet aircraft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just Caliber

Re: CYVR handling company assignment issue
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2016, 08:01:51 am »
Same issue with the Air Canada heavy gates.

drewmtb29

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2016, 06:16:18 am »
Any word on this FSDT? Seems to be the only thread not being posted in

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2016, 12:04:14 pm »
Which gate you were parked on ?

Just Caliber

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2016, 08:32:19 pm »
I am parked with a PMDG B77W at gate 50. I switched to D52 and so on, everything is the same. Why the hell would a food caterer load a heavy 777 to fly to Hong Kong? This is also an issue at FlyTampa YUL. As Drew also stated, the WestJet gates on the South side of the airfield are having the same issues has the Air Canada heavy, and I would assume every single gate is having.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2016, 09:19:07 pm »
It's a "bug" of the scenery, not GSX.

GSX now correctly make a difference between cargo and non-cargo parkings, which of course is more correct and realistic:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,11703.msg99244.html#msg99244

However, some developers use flagged some of their parking spots as Mil Cargo, in order to remove the default service vehicles, as explained here, in case of a scenery from FlyTampa:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,13604.msg101017.html#msg101017

We usually use GA Ramp, but it seems that in CYVR we had lots of cargo parkings, but since FedEx/Ups or other cargo operators don't have any score there, the program will then use another operator with a better score, searching even in the catering ones.

We'll have to fix the CYVR AFCAD and, we plan to add an option to override the parking type found the scenery, for 3rd party scenery.

drewmtb29

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2016, 05:05:22 pm »
Would be much appreciated if that could be fixed soon! Also note that before the update, there was no option for Westjet at any of the gates (terminal A and B specifically). That would also be a welcomed fix

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2016, 06:21:59 pm »
 Wouldn't editing the sim.cfg in various vehicle types in your SimObjects\Misc folder get the results that you need?

Westjet for instance, I've added CYVR to the couatl.icaoprefixes= for many of the vehicles and it works pretty well.
Also for the Q400's I've added their ICAO identifier WEN to the couatl.atc_parking_codes= while I'm at it.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2016, 08:20:42 pm »
Would be much appreciated if that could be fixed soon! Also note that before the update, there was no option for Westjet at any of the gates (terminal A and B specifically). That would also be a welcomed fix

The fix is already online, it's a new AFCAD for CYVR, which you can get by installing the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, and replying Yes to the question "Do you want to download updated AFCADs ?"

Just Caliber

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2016, 06:21:39 am »
Wrong!

YUL is now serviced by FedEx and UPS...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2016, 03:56:07 pm »

Only at real cargo parkings. The operators are correct (Air Canada, Westjet, etc.) if you download the updated AFCAD, as explained above.

drewmtb29

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2016, 12:29:24 am »
Will try tonight

Just Caliber

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2016, 06:00:09 pm »

Only at real cargo parkings. The operators are correct (Air Canada, Westjet, etc.) if you download the updated AFCAD, as explained above.

I was parked at gate 6, with a WestJet 737 and I only had the FedEx and UPS no matter what gate. This was after I downloaded the latest update. First flight with the new update actually.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2016, 11:02:41 am »
I was parked at gate 6, with a WestJet 737 and I only had the FedEx and UPS no matter what gate. This was after I downloaded the latest update. First flight with the new update actually.

I'm not sure what do you mean with "Gate 6". There's no Gate 6 anywhere in the scenery, there are two "6" positions, which in the FSX Go To menu are labeled as "A6" and "B6" and in GSX are named "6A" and "6B" and grouped as "East Deicing Pad", and I have only Air Canada there.

Fact you see a "Gate 6", seems to indicate you have an AFCAD in conflict.

Just Caliber

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2016, 06:39:54 am »
We are talking about Montreal here not YVR anymore. Gate 6 is in the first gate menu. there is a W6, but accessed in the 'W Gates' tab.