Author Topic: P3Dv3.2 - GSX 1.9.9.1 - Customize Parking - NumPad Keys Not Working  (Read 5034 times)

dmiannay

Hi Umberto.  Have thoroughly enjoyed GSX for years and appreciate all your efforts to add immersion and realism to our simming hobby.  Thank-you!

Here's my issue: Prior to updating to v1.9.9.1 the "Customize this parking position" feature has worked perfectly and I use it quite frequently.  After updating to v1.9.9.1 (with virus protection off) the NumPad keys (except for NumPad 7) do not work.  Note that I have Num Lock enabled on my keyboard.  I cannot move any of the ground vehicle at all.  Only thing I can do is NumPad 7 (Go to Prev Parking).  All the normal GSX functionality works as advertised during a flight.  I have not changed anything else in my P3D installation except GSX. And there are no error files in the APPData folder.

I've searched these forums for the past hour and haven't found anything addressing this.  It is likely something very simple that I'm overlooking, but I'm stumped.  Any suggestions would be welcomed!

Thanks again,
Doug

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: P3Dv3.2 - GSX 1.9.9.1 - Customize Parking - NumPad Keys Not Working
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2016, 07:18:49 pm »
Could be you redefined the default Slew keys ? Try to use the Rest option in the FSSX Controls settings.

Devric

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2016, 11:38:40 pm »
Experienced the same thing. Pushed the NumLock key once and then it worked, even though the k/b wasn't in NumLock mode anymore... Guess it triggered it or something.

dmiannay

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2016, 07:49:37 pm »
Yes, Devric. I did that, over and over... but still no joy. 

Umberto: Slew keys are default, so nothing was changed there.

Still baffled, but will soldier on looking for a solution.

tonaz

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2017, 10:44:16 pm »
same problem here

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2017, 12:40:23 am »
I'll confirm that, if you have any problem with keys not recognized, it doesn't have anything to do with GSX. We don't even try to read or interact with the keyboard. We just ask the sim to be notified when an EVENT happens.

The actual key doesn't really matter, we just wait for the desired event to happen. In case of the two Editor (the Airplane configuration editor and the Parking editor), we wait for the various SLEW Events so, whatever key you have assigned to it in the Controls Setting, it will work. And, if you haven't assigned anything, which not the default, no event will reach GSX which won't work.

That's why I said to first try to RESET the FSX Controls page to the default settings, to be sure you haven't inadvertedly un-set the keys assigned to the Slew events.

Of course, the only other possible reason for this to happening (unless you have some kind of problem with the NumLock key), is that ANOTHER addon is trying to use the same Events and, if that has been loaded before GSX, it will steal the keys from it.

But regardless of the reason, you can be sure of one thing, that's it's nothing that is related to GSX, it's happening entirely outside it.

tonaz

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2017, 01:48:51 am »
im very sorry, i just had to remap the slew controls, and deactivate numlock.
i posted too early without even checking common stuff, and i am so sorry for it.
it works perfectly.
thanks.