Author Topic: KMEM Stuttering  (Read 54544 times)

pablo636

Re: Re: KMEM Stuttering
« Reply #90 on: November 24, 2016, 03:01:50 pm »
Good, that's a great news! How can I help you in trying to reproduce on your side?

I don't think I'll ever be able to reproduce it. I know what it is, but we simply cannot change or fix it easily (not without remaking the scenery from scratch and with half of the stuff) so, we can only hope to find what's causing it on your system.

It's either your system too slow, which seems strange, otherwise you would have complained of bad fps way before than stutters, or you have other addons interfering, so we are back to square one: are you SURE you don't have ANY other 3rd party modules enabled ?

Have you maybe changed the AffinityMask to something unusual or not right for your system ? If you have a Quad-core, try 14.

Have you tried setting the Max Pre Rendered frames to 1 in the nvidia control panel, as someone suggested ?

Ok, back to square one! :)
my system is an i7 4770k at 4.4 16gb ram and a gtx770 4gb.
if I open my exe.dll I can see only the sode module and the active sky module. (I have tried also to exclude the object flow by orbx just to check without success). Are you suggesting to turn off some dll also?
My cfg is clear of tweak, I've added only the antipop up altitude cull and view optimization, the last 2 are with the default setting btw.
I have the max pre rendered frames option already set to 1 in nvidia cp way before to read it here. (now I'm trying to set the pre rendered frames to 1 on global setting)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KMEM Stuttering
« Reply #91 on: December 06, 2016, 03:25:51 pm »
Hello, we just released an update for KMEM, using native P3D objects, which should improve smoothness a lot, see here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,14639.0.html

Works with P3D 3.0+ only so, if you have it, I suggest installing this. There's just nothing we can do for FSX, I'm afraid.

seippg

« Reply #92 on: December 30, 2016, 05:32:41 pm »
Surprised no one's said anything yet.  I just tried the demo after these changes on P3D 3.4 HF2 and didn't see hardly any stuttering this time (previous version had quite a bit).  That's a nice airport.  

EDIT:  For clarity, my first test was with the Aerosoft A320, good weather, FTX OpenLC.  Frames in the mid-30s...virtually no stuttering.  The same scenario with the PMDG 777 had some stuttering...not terrible but, considering the good weather, it might be worse during bad weather.  I'd compare it to EGLL with moderate weather.  I may try a few more departures to gather more results.  It has better framerates...low to mid 30s with the 777 compared to high 20s to low 30s at EGLL. 
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 07:04:17 pm by seippg »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #93 on: December 31, 2016, 06:33:52 pm »
Surprised no one's said anything yet.  I just tried the demo after these changes on P3D 3.4 HF2 and didn't see hardly any stuttering this time (previous version had quite a bit).  That's a nice airport.  

We are more surprised than you...we had 7 pages in this thread of people complaining about stutters.

Now we did something radical to remove them, at least in P3D (and most of users complaining about them were using P3D), and as of today, after almost a month this update was posted, yours was the FIRST report about it...

gianlucaballoni

« Reply #94 on: January 08, 2017, 07:32:41 pm »
Hi, in my case lag continue. Landing 36L few minutes ago...fps great (30 super stable!), but very very bad lag during landing, without fps loss.
For information i have this lines in prepar3d.cfg:
[FSDREAMTEAM]
AltitudeCull=1
AntiPopUp=21
GroundTraffic=1
ViewOptimization=0

and addonmanager is: 3.1.0.0
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 07:34:21 pm by gianlucaballoni »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #95 on: January 09, 2017, 07:58:29 pm »
Hi, in my case lag continue

Are you sure you are using the P3D native objects ? The only two comments about the update are:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,14639.msg108147.html#msg108147

Just tried MEM with this P3D update. Night and day on smoothness and performance

And in this thread:

I just tried the demo after these changes on P3D 3.4 HF2 and didn't see hardly any stuttering this time (previous version had quite a bit).

gianlucaballoni

« Reply #96 on: January 09, 2017, 09:54:10 pm »
I don't now...but in my case the update don't resolve lag problem.
Test with default F22, without addons, same lag. Fps ok, but this lag it's very bad, in approaching very very orrible.
I have last addon manager, coautl last version...only gsx...i don't install gsx, but, i don't now if gsx create lag problem.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #97 on: January 09, 2017, 10:00:25 pm »
I'll repeat the question again : are you sure you are using the P3D native objects ? Have you selected them from the YouControl menu ?

gianlucaballoni

« Reply #98 on: January 09, 2017, 10:03:58 pm »
yes, i have p3d native objects, select in YouControl.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #99 on: January 09, 2017, 10:12:17 pm »
yes, i have p3d native objects, select in YouControl.

Then I'm sorry, but since I cannot replicate the problem, I would like to wait for some other reports, since all the other arrived so far has been positive, you are the only one still reporting stuttering. Assuming with "lag", you mean stuttering.

gianlucaballoni

« Reply #100 on: January 11, 2017, 11:52:08 pm »
...for infomation...
This is my "lag" problem...see entire video and you see the lag during "take-off".
Sorry for bad quality.

In this video use 36L but, this lag present in most parts of scenery. Remember...don't have any problem with fps!

Regards
Gianluca Balloni

pablo636

« Reply #101 on: January 26, 2017, 08:46:06 pm »
Hi Umberto,
sorry to get back to you so late, but I had the chance to try the new update only yesterday.
I have to say that I have the very same problem as Gianluca.
During T/o roll I had these lags, but if I fly back to the airport (also if I fly many miles out, and then come back) I did not have any lag.
That's strange.
I've checked on you control and I have all disabled and p3d native object enabled.
I've tried also a new install with a new downloaded setup.
May I ask if you have a vanilla p3d or if you have something else installed on your setup?
Anyway thanks for this update!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #102 on: January 27, 2017, 10:49:57 am »
During T/o roll I had these lags, but if I fly back to the airport (also if I fly many miles out, and then come back) I did not have any lag.

The scenery is far more complex on ground than on the air so, it's entirely normal it would work better when landing.

Unless you are saying that, on the SAME spot that used to give you a pause on take off, you don't have it after landing. That would be strange indeed.

fakeflyer737

« Reply #103 on: February 23, 2017, 10:19:03 pm »
Im still getting a pasue every 5 seconds or so at KMEM, I dont get this at any other Scenery and it happens in default/payware planes and in clear/bad weather. It is clearly a KMEM problem. My FPS are great though...easily 35+ all the time but the sim Pauses...its so annoying. How can we fix this?

Im using P3D v3 (latest MEM+AddonMan0
6700K Win 10x64
GTX 980ti

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #104 on: February 23, 2017, 10:25:52 pm »
Im still getting a pasue every 5 seconds or so at KMEM

This kind of pause, indicate you are missing some objects of the scenery, which of course shouldn't happen, if you installed the latest version.

It is clearly a KMEM problem. My FPS are great though...easily 35+ all the time but the sim Pauses...its so annoying. How can we fix this?

There's no stuttering problem anymore with KMEM with P3D. Be sure you install the latest version, and be sure you select the P3D native objects from the KMEM menu.