Author Topic: Error No parking at this airport  (Read 18419 times)

kdlovell

Re: Error No parking at this airport
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2016, 10:58:24 pm »
+1 for the No Parking at this Airport issue.  I updated GSX last night and now no parking is available at SXAD's KBNA airport.  Rebuilding the cache did not help and it is pointing to the correct AFCAD file in the SXAD folder.  This issue seems to be widespread so hopefully they will issue a fix or roll it back.

Psolov

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2016, 11:37:52 pm »
+1 for the No Parking at this Airport issue.  I updated GSX last night and now no parking is available at SXAD's KBNA airport.  Rebuilding the cache did not help and it is pointing to the correct AFCAD file in the SXAD folder.  This issue seems to be widespread so hopefully they will issue a fix or roll it back.

I have the exact same issue at SXAD KBNA just a few minutes ago, this was the last of several airports I have had this issue with which prompted me to post here. At least I know I am not the only one having these issues.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2016, 02:56:05 pm »
This new version has left GSX not working at a ton of airports. See my "multiple pye files missing" thread

Which I already replied to, it doesn't have anything to do with this issue.

Even at places like Flightbeam newest SFO, GSX gives me a grand total of 5 parking spots to choose from upon landing in a 737. Ridiculous...

I have several pages of parking positions at Flightbeam KSFO. Just checked now. As discussed in all threads about missing parking spots, whenever you report something like this, the FIRST thing to check is which AFCAD is being used by GSX.

If it's reading the correct one, then we might start investigating why you don't have all the parkings.

B777ER

« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2016, 06:14:58 pm »
This new version has left GSX not working at a ton of airports. See my "multiple pye files missing" thread

Which I already replied to, it doesn't have anything to do with this issue.

Even at places like Flightbeam newest SFO, GSX gives me a grand total of 5 parking spots to choose from upon landing in a 737. Ridiculous...

I have several pages of parking positions at Flightbeam KSFO. Just checked now. As discussed in all threads about missing parking spots, whenever you report something like this, the FIRST thing to check is which AFCAD is being used by GSX.

If it's reading the correct one, then we might start investigating why you don't have all the parkings.

Umberto, with all due respect, why is it now much more work for the end user? Why when everything worked just fine with the previous versions and now the end user must go and try to find the correct afcad to use? Why have you all made it more work? I have a ton of airports I have to go through now. I'm not even sure if it's worth it. Why can't GSX scan for the right one? I don't even know what to look for. I assure you from the end user point of view this is a big step backwards. I personally may have to look at going with the upcoming UGC from FSCrew.
Eric

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2016, 07:08:07 pm »
Umberto, with all due respect, why is it now much more work for the end user? Why when everything worked just fine with the previous versions and now the end user must go and try to find the correct afcad to use? Why have you all made it more work?

Slow down...we ALREADY found a better solution, which is already online now ( requires a Stand-Alone Addon Manager update, since it will have to download an updated Couatl.exe ), that automatically discards such airports, that seem to share the fact they don't have any parkings.

The REASON for this change was, of course, to make the program MORE user friendly, we overdue it, and it kinda backfired...let's explain it:

- Previously, we automatically discarded AFCADs with no parkings, no questions asked, no checks made. However, some users were confused by the resulting message "Cannot find valid AFCAD data at this position", usually because they landed in a very small airfield with no parkings, just a simple strip. There are many like that, in the default scenery.

So, we wanted to display a more user-friendly message, saying that while we DID found an AFCAD, it didn't contained any parkings, so we had to check every file, but flag the ones with no parkings as such, so we could display a more precise reason why the airport couldn't be used.

However, this was a problem when TWO (or more) "competing" airport were in the same place, or very close: in this case, we should have taken into account the aforementioned flag, to silently discard that airport, since there was a "better" alternative.

Now, the updated Couatl.exe which is online now, does this additional check, so it shouldn't be necessary to use the airport_visibility parameter anymore. UNLESS, of course, those additional airports DO have their own parkings so in that case, you'll have to decide if you want to remove them ( setting airport_visibility to 0 ) or KEEP THEM, but with a very low visibility level, such as 0.5 or less, so you could have a separate military base or helipad working with GSX too, with the "main" airport taking control again, when you exit from that small area.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 09:24:40 pm by virtuali »

B777ER

« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2016, 08:07:52 pm »
Well,  that was a fast fix then. Well done gentlemen. Unfortunately I  have this Tropical Storm in the Gulf of Mexico to contend with at work but will try this out tomorrow afternoon. Thank you
Eric

villaloha

• Canadian Airlines International
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2016, 03:36:06 am »
Downloaded standalone manager and updated, now it says "No valid AFCAD for this airport." at MMAA. I am parking at Gate 3 with a jetway. It did work prior to chaos update. I added airport_visibility_MMAA = 0 in Coault.ini, nothing works. Please help.

B777ER

« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2016, 07:12:30 am »
Downloaded standalone manager and updated, now it says "No valid AFCAD for this airport." at MMAA. I am parking at Gate 3 with a jetway. It did work prior to chaos update. I added airport_visibility_MMAA = 0 in Coault.ini, nothing works. Please help.

Oh boy... Not good.
Eric

Pablo1309

« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2016, 12:06:37 pm »

Good Morning

I bought this product thinking I could use it at all airports where ground operation , and after this last update I encounter that no longer works , such as at airports ( LEGR , LEAM , LEMG , etc ) as before if it worked properly. What is due ?

Thank you very much
 :-\ :-\ :-\

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2016, 12:21:09 pm »

Well, of course it's not working.

You said you want to exclude MMMA (setting the visibility to 0) so, since with the new update, the smaller auxiliary airports with nor parkings are automatically removed, the program doesn't any other choice that follow your orders, and exclude the only MMAA it can find...

villaloha

« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2016, 03:40:47 pm »
I removed airport_visibility_MMAA = 0 and finally GSX is back to live, only to see one baggage cart invisible or should I say GHOST! Is there any way to fix that?

villaloha

« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2016, 03:43:59 pm »
Scratch that!! I updated again and now it's working. Sorry to be a bother.

Umberto, have you figured out how to get my KIAH to work? I've been eager to fly into KIAH soon.

Cheers  ;D

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2016, 04:16:56 pm »
Umberto, have you figured out how to get my KIAH to work? I've been eager to fly into KIAH soon.

Have you installed the latest version ? Please reply in the KIAH section, because discussing about KIAH in this thread will just confuse everybody following it.

Stingrey

« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2016, 11:12:13 pm »
I have the same Problem.

Would it be possible to relocate the afcad folder by our own? At the moment there is no possibility to change the location, even it is wrong located.

Pablo1309

« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2016, 12:01:12 am »

Hello

I uninstalled all , I have reinstalled with the last update and still does not work . I have tried all the possibilities I have read in the forum and not get it to work . I add screenshots for showing me what I have misconfigured .

Thank you