Author Topic: Error No parking at this airport  (Read 18421 times)

conguero01

Error No parking at this airport
« on: June 03, 2016, 01:59:52 pm »
Update GSX to the May 2016 Version and I'm not able to use GSX at certain airport TJSJ Saying no parking at this airport

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Error No parking at this airport
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2016, 02:01:48 pm »
Try to Coautl Restart with a cache rebuild. The new Couatl has an option in the Couatl settings menu.

If still doesn't work, perhaps the program is looking at the wrong AFCAD. If you open the parking customization dialog, the window will tell you from which AFCAD GSX is taking data from.

kylep

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2016, 09:04:14 pm »
Try to Coautl Restart with a cache rebuild. The new Couatl has an option in the Couatl settings menu.

If still doesn't work, perhaps the program is looking at the wrong AFCAD. If you open the parking customization dialog, the window will tell you from which AFCAD GSX is taking data from.

How would we find the parking customization dialog?
How would we get the correct afcad to make it work ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2016, 09:06:05 pm »

From the GSX menu, the customize airport positions menu entry.

FIRST, check which AFCAD is in use and, depending on what it says, the solution changes.

kylep

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2016, 09:09:05 pm »

From the GSX menu, the customize airport positions menu entry.

FIRST, check which AFCAD is in use and, depending on what it says, the solution changes.

Will there be an update to GSX that will fix the afcads to make them work like they did prior to the upgrade?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2016, 12:46:25 am »
Will there be an update to GSX that will fix the afcads to make them work like they did prior to the upgrade?

I've asked:

AFTER we check this, we can discuss what the problem really is, and if a "fix" is really needed. I also suggested to do this:

Have you done that ? Awaiting for your report.

villaloha

• Canadian Airlines International
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2016, 01:04:42 am »
Prior to GSX's update, Gate 2 at MMAA was working with GSX, after the update, many gates/parking has stopped working. I did "rebuild cache" Nothing change.

Same for Winnipeg, it has 21 gates, GSX cut down to only 3 gates. I could not figure how to force GSX to use ALL gates...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2016, 01:10:12 am »
Prior to GSX's update, Gate 2 at MMAA was working with GSX, after the update, many gates/parking has stopped working. I did "rebuild cache" Nothing change.

The thread is about the supposed misread of the wrong AFCAD but, in that case, you should see either no parkings, or a different list that doesn't show the parkings you are expecting to have.

Your screenshot for MMAA shows that Parking 2 (assuming is the same you called "Gate 2") is there, which means the AFCAD has been read correctly, which is what this thread was about.

What do you mean with "stopped working" ?

Same for Winnipeg, it has 21 gates, GSX cut down to only 3 gates. I could not figure how to force GSX to use ALL gates...

This is not "the same". This, as I've said above, might an issue of reading the wrong AFCAD but, again, since you haven't indicated WHICH AFCAD is used in this case, it's not possible to say why an AFCAD is used instead of another.

villaloha

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2016, 01:14:18 am »
Before the update, I had no problem having the GSX there before I park at Gate 2. After update, it won't work, it kept saying "The parking is isolated. No Ground service available". I slewed around and tested to see if it works. Nothing.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2016, 01:23:02 am »
After update, it won't work, it kept saying "The parking is isolated. No Ground service available". I slewed around and tested to see if it works.

AHHH, finally something useful! Warning messages are there for a reason, so you can understand the problem is NOT caused by GSX, but the scenery has an issue that, in previous versions, would probably cause a crash.

The updated version CORRECTLY DETECTS a problem found in so many 3rd party sceneries that had mistakes like these. In this case, it's an orphaned parking. Such parkings would likely cause errors with some services, because they wouldn't be able to reach that parking. Even AI planes cannot use them.

You think it "worked" before, but only because you might got lucky in the random selection of the departure place for the vehicles but, sooner or later, you would have seen a GSX error message, because it couldn't calculate the optimal path for the vehicles to reach that parking, since there are NO paths connecting to it, and this is obviously an error of the scenery.

So, instead of just crashing, we know give a warning, so it would have been clear that GSX is correctly and intentionally discarding a parking for a reason, not because of some GSX "bug".

Or, at least, we THOUGHT the message was clear enough. Apparently, it isn't...

Ferradini

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2016, 11:38:27 am »
Hello:

I'm having the same error at TJSJ. GSX was working fine until I bought and install KMEM. GSX says No Parking available at this airport. I I restarted coualt with airport cache, downloaded GSX again and uninstalled and re-installed it, disable and enable again GSX, check where GSX was getting the afcad and it is getting it from the right location, so I'm out of ideas what to do.

Raul

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2016, 12:14:25 pm »
I'm having the same error at TJSJ

What error ? There are two issues being discussed here.

The "The parking is isolated. No Ground service available", which is NOT an error

OR

The "No parking at this airport", which usually indicate the AFCAD being used is not the one containing parkings.

villaloha

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2016, 04:24:25 pm »
At CYYZ, there are several gates available, but it kept saying "No parking at this airport" Before the update, the menu showed all gates with status i.e. available in 5 minutes, etc.

I now regret that I updated my GSX. I miss the original GSX, it worked perfectly for all airports before!  :'(

ozflyer

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2016, 03:18:29 pm »
At CYYZ, there are several gates available, but it kept saying "No parking at this airport" Before the update, the menu showed all gates with status i.e. available in 5 minutes, etc.

I now regret that I updated my GSX. I miss the original GSX, it worked perfectly for all airports before!  :'(

I now have the same issue with FlyTampa Sydney (YSSY). This was working perfectly fine before I did the full installer last night.

Nothing has changed in my system except the new GSX version.

When I go the parking position customize menu option, I see no parking slots available.

B777ER

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2016, 03:58:10 pm »
This new version has left GSX not working at a ton of airports. See my "multiple pye files missing" thread. Major step backwards from the end user point of view. So what is the end user supposed to do now? Wish I had my old version, GSX worked just fine with no errors at all the airports it now does not. 6 think when FSCrew releases Ultimate Ground Crew I'll have to give that a try as this simply is not worth it. Even at places like Flightbeam newest SFO, GSX gives me a grand total of 5 parking spots to choose from upon landing in a 737. Ridiculous...
Eric