Author Topic: Sad day, Fatal Blue Angel crash today  (Read 3028 times)

Azframer

Sad day, Fatal Blue Angel crash today
« on: June 03, 2016, 02:27:05 am »
A U.S. official told the Associated Press the pilot invovled in the crash was Marine Capt. Jeff Kuss. The official was not authorized to discuss the matter publicly and spoke on condition of anonymity to the AP. According to his official Blue Angels biography, Kuss joined the elite acrobatics team in 2014 and accumulated more than 1,400 flight hours.

That was Blue Angel #6.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/06/02/us-navy-blue-angels-jet-crashes-in-tennessee.html
 :(
Rick

PhantomTweak

Re: Sad day, Fatal Blue Angel crash today
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2016, 07:28:29 am »
I saw that news. He was a Marine, and whatever happened, he gave his life protecting the people in the apartment complex near the end of the runway. He is a hero in MY book!

Farewell Brother, fly High, far, and free!
Semper FI!
Pat☺

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2016, 08:02:48 am »
Coincidentally a Thinderbird crashed the same day in Colorado after doing a low pass for the Air Force Academy graduation but he ejected and survived.

PhantomTweak

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2016, 08:50:46 pm »
I'm glad the T-Bird survived ok. One on a day is bad enough, I'm glad the T-bird pilot was able to get out alright.
I hope he get's back on the horse, so to speak, as soon as possible :)
Pat☺

Azframer

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2016, 02:02:40 am »
Yea I think the Thunderbird may have had a problem in the cockpit, just looking at the picture I saw of it looked like a possible cockpit fire, of course I am speculating at this point. Looks like electrical smoke burn on top of plane aft of cockpit. Ejection would not have caused that, unless something caught fire on the way out, I can't see that happening though, not enough exposed to catch fire that I am aware of.

Marine Capt. Jeff Kuss had to have been staying in like Pat says to avoid casualties on the ground, he hit very close to civilian housing. What happened will be a while before we hear about it I am sure. Witnesses say it was nose down when it hit. Everyone is acknowledging him as the hero he was.

Rick