Author Topic: GSX Groundsupport Not working properly  (Read 5302 times)

Aang72

GSX Groundsupport Not working properly
« on: June 02, 2016, 04:36:32 pm »
I updated the program yesterday, and reinstalled this morning when the coastl kep crashing my FSX.  The latest update file caused the program to stabelize but now it is not working properly.

When I request for Catering, the vehicles get there and do nothing.  This is what happened yesterday before it crashed for the first time.

Also, I noticed that the ground vehicle for the baggage is also funny.

something happened that has changed the way my FSX works.

edit: Attached SS
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 06:26:23 pm by Aang72 »

downscc

Re: GSX Groundsupport Not working properly
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2016, 06:07:35 pm »
Same in P3Dv3.2.

Updated this morning with  AddonManagerUpdate exe.  Download was terribly slow by the way, all other IP working just fine.
No catering service available for PMDG NGX at your KDFW gate A10!
Restarted couatl no joy.

I performed the update hoping you fixed the sunk vehicles and aircraft at KDFW but this has not changed. Picture:

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f302/downscc/KDFWSunk_zpsoxdgoh4j.jpg

« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 06:16:45 pm by downscc »

villaloha

• Canadian Airlines International
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2016, 09:58:53 pm »
I'm experiencing same as yours, the last cart for baggage is missing. I think FSDREAMTEAM is currently working on fixing it. I hope so!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2016, 10:08:23 pm »
Updated this morning with  AddonManagerUpdate exe. 

From your screenshot, it shows you still have the outdated vehicles, which is normal, if you *really* updated with the Addon Manager only. As indicated in the Couatl Live Update release notes, that are presented to you when a Live Update notification happens:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/couatl_liveupdate_notes.html

IMPORTANT: this update requires to download and install the latest GSX FULL INSTALLER!!

So, even if this is reported as an Addon Manager update, it's not enough. ALL vehicles have been updated, to support non-standard ground elevation airports (like Gran Canaria, La Palma) so, the only way to get all their correct versions, is with the FULL GSX installer.

I performed the update hoping you fixed the sunk vehicles and aircraft at KDFW but this has not changed. Picture:

Of course it hasn't changed, it's how the scenery is made. Nothing to do with GSX, although with the new GSX version we might be able to tune the elevation by scenery a bit. But it won't change the fact the scenery IS made in layers with slightly different altitudes, to prevent flickering. Later sceneries use different methods, but since KDFW was the first scenery we made using native FSX materials, it's a bit rough in some methods. It cannot be entirely fixed, without a major scenery update.

About the supposedly missing last vehicle in the cart:

nowhere is said the carts are *always* 3!! Their number can change from 1 to 5, depending on the airplane actual station load, which affects the calculation of the estimated number of passengers on board, which affects the number of carts. GSX has always been like this since it was released. So, if you think you are not getting enough carts, check the airplane load.

Note that, the weight is estimated when you start a GSX procedure. So, if you must change the load, be sure you do it before calling any GSX services.

Aang72

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2016, 10:26:48 pm »
Since I did not buy the GSX directly from you guys, how do i get the full installer that is updated?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2016, 10:35:23 pm »
Since I did not buy the GSX directly from you guys, how do i get the full installer that is updated?

The place where you bought it is irrelevant.

All our retailers don't host the installer: they only send you a link to our site to download the only installer we have, which is under the GSX product page, or the general Products page.

Aang72

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2016, 10:39:05 pm »
I understand, and found the latest installer.

I am still having the issue as described before even with the new installer.   :-\

Should I uninstall the whole product then reinstall with installer?

downscc

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2016, 11:07:36 pm »
From your screenshot, it shows you still have the outdated vehicles, which is normal, if you *really* updated with the Addon Manager only. As indicated in the Couatl Live Update release notes, that are presented to you when a Live Update notification happens:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/couatl_liveupdate_notes.html

Ah, yes that made a difference with GSX actions.  Please note that when I received an update is available dialog box and clicked OK nothing happened. I was not aware of the instructions referenced above.

I'm beginning to comprehend your problems with KDFW. I'd be one of the first to purchase a major upgrade, just to add one vote.

Thank you,

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2016, 12:48:51 am »
I am still having the issue as described before even with the new installer. 

I see you now have updated vehicles (they can be recognized by the real shadows, instead of the soft shadows they used to have before). However, I cannot reproduce the problem in any way.

Sorry for not having it noticed it before, but I was mislead by another post that said he had the "same" problem as yours, with the last cart missing. Instead, you have two entirely different issues: one not even being an issue (the number of carts IS variable), but yours is different, and you are not missing the last cart, but one in the middle.

I just tried the PMDG 777, as in your screenshot, and all the 5 carts are there, in both wagons.

Should I uninstall the whole product then reinstall with installer?

Shouldn't matter. Could be you had the GSX PaintKit  installed ?

Aang72

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2016, 04:28:37 am »
I am not aware of having that program installed as I did not buy it nor did it come in any packs to my knowledge.

The error still occurs from the *area* but when is request for boarding, the issue does not arise.

I mean, it is a small glitch that so far is just cosmetic.

My system, after crashing at critical "points" as been known to go haywire and not generate certain things (Like gates 1-15 at San Diego for like 20 days) so this may just come back by itself after so many loads.  

I will say the other error when it was crashing yesterday (mentioned here:http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,13555.0.html) was the I got a Warning the the C++ Engine experienced a failure that caused FSX to close.  it wasn't until reinstall this morning did that message go away. (Which I know has been fixed)  This *could* has something to do with it.

But as well, the Catering Service is back to normal and the baggage loading is relatively back to normal.

Edit Remarks: Added Link to previous post and reporting that the issue arises during deboard when it is not generated away from aircraft
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 04:57:26 am by Aang72 »