Author Topic: No boarding or deboarding sounds **SOLVED**  (Read 7910 times)

ozflyer

No boarding or deboarding sounds **SOLVED**
« on: May 15, 2016, 12:52:40 pm »
Hi Umberto,

Since last couple of days, I have noticed I do not have any boarding or deboarding sounds from within the cockpit. I can hear push back from cockpit and  baggage loaders etc in external view.

I reinstalled the latest version of GSX.

I am on FSX SP2. Everything was working fine till couple of days ago.

Has anyone else experienced similar problems ?

Thanks

« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 03:01:18 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No boarding or deboarding sounds
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2016, 09:53:29 am »
Since last couple of days, I have noticed I do not have any boarding or deboarding sounds from within the cockpit. I can hear push back from cockpit and  baggage loaders etc in external view.

You are supposed to hear them, but with a much reduced volume. Are you sure they are not simply covered by other sounds ?

ozflyer

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2016, 12:06:37 pm »

You are supposed to hear them, but with a much reduced volume. Are you sure they are not simply covered by other sounds ?

Umber to ... I checked ... there is absolutely no sound... I also deleted coautladdon in I file and restarted fsx still no luck.

I checked that boarding time is not set to zero as well.

Not sure what is going on... everything was perfect till about 4-5 days ago..

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2016, 10:51:56 am »
The only possible explanation is there a bug with your sound drivers which might have been updated without you realizing it after a Windows update. Since you say you DO have GSX sounds on the outside, it's clear the GSX sound is configured to the correct audio card and is working correctly.

The only thing that GSX does, when switching from outside to inside, is to set a specific OpenAL command to change the distance calculation used for sound attenuation, and letting OpenAL itself doing all the work. So, a bug in that function (the OpenAL implemented in your audio driver) might cause this, but it would be the first time that everybody reported it.

ozflyer

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2016, 11:11:23 pm »
The only possible explanation is there a bug with your sound drivers which might have been updated without you realizing it after a Windows update. Since you say you DO have GSX sounds on the outside, it's clear the GSX sound is configured to the correct audio card and is working correctly.

The only thing that GSX does, when switching from outside to inside, is to set a specific OpenAL command to change the distance calculation used for sound attenuation, and letting OpenAL itself doing all the work. So, a bug in that function (the OpenAL implemented in your audio driver) might cause this, but it would be the first time that everybody reported it.

Checked there were no sound card updates nor any MS updates recently..

Checked sound drivers, antivirus, etc.

All other sounds working except boarding.

Should I run the vehicle installer just to check ?.

Or install a third party boarding/deboarding sounds if available ?.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2016, 08:55:58 am »

That should be a sound you ARE supposed to hear while in VC. As I've said, if all other sounds are working, and you are SURE you are using the latest GSX program and the latest vehicles (if you are not sure, download and install the current GSX FULL installer), they should work.

ozflyer

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2016, 02:00:36 pm »

That should be a sound you ARE supposed to hear while in VC. As I've said, if all other sounds are working, and you are SURE you are using the latest GSX program and the latest vehicles (if you are not sure, download and install the current GSX FULL installer), they should work.

Umberto, downloaded and installed the latest full installer from the website, still no boarding/deboarding sound.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2016, 04:07:43 pm »
Umberto, downloaded and installed the latest full installer from the website, still no boarding/deboarding sound.

That leaves only with an audio card driver bug OR the boarding time too low, so boarding doesn't last enough to play a sound.

ozflyer

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2016, 11:03:25 pm »

That leaves only with an audio card driver bug OR the boarding time too low, so boarding doesn't last enough to play a sound.

I have set the minimum boarding time to 600 seconds in the configuration, so it should not be that.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2016, 11:57:10 am »
I have set the minimum boarding time to 600 seconds in the configuration, so it should not be that.

That leaves us only with the audio driver bug explanation. As I've said, if other GSX sounds can be heard, it means the GSX sound system is working properly.

ozflyer

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2016, 12:51:54 pm »

That leaves us only with the audio driver bug explanation. As I've said, if other GSX sounds can be heard, it means the GSX sound system is working properly.

Sorrry to be relentless, checked all drivers, sound etc.

I feel I could have switched something off either in gsx config or Fsx.cfg by accident. Not sure which one....

what settings in fsx.cfg could be causing this issue? Maybe the sound sliders ?. I have cockpit, voice,environment set in the middle currently.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2016, 03:22:17 pm »
what settings in fsx.cfg could be causing this issue? Maybe the sound sliders ?. I have cockpit, voice,environment set in the middle currently.

Nothing int the FSX.CFG will affect GSX, that uses its own separate sound engine. You can reset the GSX preferences, by removing the following file:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatladdons.INI

However, this won't possibly fix any issue that would cause SOME sounds not to be heard. Either every sound will work, or none at all.

ozflyer

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2016, 03:00:39 pm »

Nothing int the FSX.CFG will affect GSX, that uses its own separate sound engine. You can reset the GSX preferences, by removing the following file:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatladdons.INI

However, this won't possibly fix any issue that would cause SOME sounds not to be heard. Either every sound will work, or none at all.

The issue resolved, I had the door configuration wrong, since  the door was not opened he boarding sounds didn't play.

I had opened 2L on 777-300er, gsx was looking for 1L to open to ply boarding sounds...

All good now. Changed aircraft config,  swapped the doors around.

Issue resolved.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2016, 03:02:17 pm »
The issue resolved, I had the door configuration wrong, since  the door was not opened he boarding sounds didn't play.

I had opened 2L on 777-300er, gsx was looking for 1L to open to ply boarding sounds...

Could be you set the Verbosity slider to minimum or the time between messages to a very high value, so you lost the message from GSX telling you to open the door ?

ozflyer

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2016, 11:35:32 pm »

Could be you set the Verbosity slider to minimum or the time between messages to a very high value, so you lost the message from GSX telling you to open the door ?

Verbosity was OK, I use MCE so need the messages on screen for interaction, time between messages was 30 secs....

Couldn't believe it took me so long to figure it out, happened by accident, I opened the 1L and the boarding msgs started playing :-) .

I was swapping door labels in the pmdg 777 300 ER earlier.

All good now.. thanks.