Products Support > Memphis KMEM Support FSX/P3D

FSX Crashes Upon Loading After KMEM Install??

<< < (12/14) > >>

AFavors:
I did the fix mentioned above and it stopped the crashing, but now I have 2 SODE programs installed. And I can't get rid of the old one. The KMEM installer simply installed a new one over the old one, which I thought was a no-no according to the SODE website. Constant error with removal because it says it can't locate the other installer. I tried to find the file that dealt with this mentioned in another post but to no avail.

virtuali:

--- Quote from: AFavors on June 02, 2016, 04:47:31 pm ---I did the fix mentioned above and it stopped the crashing, but now I have 2 SODE programs installed. And I can't get rid of the old one.
--- End quote ---

What do you mean with "get rid of the old one" ? Did you had the old version that was installed in the FSX\SODE folder ? If yes, just remove that folder and remove its lines (the one pointing to FSX\SODE folder from the DLL.XML and EXE.XML files.

--- Quote ---The KMEM installer simply installed a new one over the old one, which I thought was a no-no according to the SODE website.
--- End quote ---

I'll try to check with Jeffrey to have the SODE installer not cause issues if launched twice, which should be a standard behavior for an installer. There are several 3rd party sceneries out there that still require the old version, so it would be wrong if the KMEM installer would automatically remove SODE.

AFavors:

--- Quote ---What do you mean with "get rid of the old one" ? Did you had the old version that was installed in the FSX\SODE folder ?
--- End quote ---

Yes, I had the one installed with ImagineSim KATL(v1.3.0 I think). I tried to uninstall it, but I get an error message saying: There is a problem with this windows installer package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact you support personnel or package vendor.

--- Quote ---There are several 3rd party sceneries out there that still require the old version, so it would be wrong if the KMEM installer would automatically remove SODE.
--- End quote ---

I agree

--- Quote ---If yes, just remove that folder and remove its lines (the one pointing to FSX\SODE folder from the DLL.XML and EXE.XML files.

--- End quote ---

I don't remember where these are located. I run windows 7/FSX SP2. Can pleas give me a path to where that is located?

Thanks in Advance
Aaron

virtuali:

--- Quote from: AFavors on June 02, 2016, 05:41:48 pm ---I don't remember where these are located. I run windows 7/FSX SP2. Can pleas give me a path to where that is located?
--- End quote ---

%APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX

AirbusA330:
Hello,

I bought KMEM an hour ago, and I also encounter the CTD problem: I can start my fsx without any problem, but when I load Memphis, the moment the loading is finished and the scenery is visible my sim crashes to desktop. The problem occurs only at KMEM, at no other airport tested yet. I tried your new bglmanx.dll posted on page 3, but it did NOT help.

I never had such a serious problem with any FSDT product before.

Hope you can help me. Testing to reinstall SODE at the moment.

best regards,
Mathias

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version