Author Topic: can't init simconnect error **SOLVED**  (Read 5446 times)

abelardj

can't init simconnect error **SOLVED**
« on: May 19, 2016, 03:11:50 pm »
I was using gsx fine until 6 days ago, I got this message while fsx se was loading. And when I start the sim, gsx wasn't in my add on, I can only see FSUIPC. I went to the sdk I installed all the sim still the same problem. I went to the lib and install that sim.as well. I also install the sim.under sp1. Nothing change. I uninstall the xpack than reboot fsx. The sim error went away buy gsx was still missing from my add on. I've been searching the Web for the past 5 days, and cannot find a fix. Please help.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 08:51:56 am by virtuali »

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
Re: can't init simconnect error
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2016, 04:32:11 pm »
When you installed the sim, did you install simconnect?
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

abelardj

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2016, 07:51:51 pm »
Yes it was simconnect on all 4 of them

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2016, 03:35:07 pm »
I uninstall the xpack than reboot fsx. The sim error went away buy gsx was still missing from my add on.

First, if you use FSX:SE, you should NOT install or uninstall ANY of the Service Packs, since they are already contained in FSX:SE. The ONLY thing you should install, is the XPack/SP2 Simconnect client, which you don't even have to do manually, because the GSX INSTALLER will automatically install for you.

If, instead, you Uninstall xpack, as you said you have, NO 3rd party product that requires the XPack/SP2 Simconnect client, and GSX is one of them, will ever work.

Which means:

- Under regular FSX, if you uninstall either the SP1 or the XPack/SP2 for any reason, you MUST reinstall them.

- Under FSX:SE you should NEVER, EVER install ANY of the Service Pack, and install ONLY the XPack/SP2 Simconnect Client, which can be done even while installing GSX, because it will install it automatically.

abelardj

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2016, 07:34:27 pm »
Thank you. I will do that.

abelardj

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2016, 03:36:55 am »
I install the xpack and uninstall the others nothing work. I uninstall steam and do a factory recovery on my pc. Then reinstall steam and fsx se. Soon I down gsx I got that same message.  I don't know what to d next?

abelardj

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2016, 11:31:22 pm »
I figure what the probleM was. Some 3rd party add on can't be install in the Steam folder other wise they would throw off adds on that uses sp2 or xpack. I uninstall xpax and install it in the c folder now everything works. The can't init simconnect error is gone. After a week and some days I got it to work. For Xpax to work I had to install sp1 under sdk/utility core