Developer's Backdoor > KMEM Backdoor

KMEM preview video links

<< < (6/6)

Al Boulianne:
Look great. Remember that the king was from Memphis. Hope to have Graceland build to the scenery which is very close by. Maybe event put Elvis private jet at the private terminal would be great. Will buy the scenery for sure. Al 

Hnla:
The "Busy apron" looks great... however I always thought the reason why payware airports are so barren is because if you add vehicles it kills the FPS... what is different here?

Make the gates have more clutter if there is something different about it...

virtuali:

--- Quote from: Hnla on May 24, 2016, 10:58:11 pm ---The "Busy apron" looks great... however I always thought the reason why payware airports are so barren is because if you add vehicles it kills the FPS... what is different here?
--- End quote ---

It's *totally* different, because other developers (except Flightbeam, and it shows...) don't have the flexibility of our scripting engine, where we can write a scenery as if it was a full blown program.

For KMEM, we used the same basic (NEW) technology that allows to precisely detect collisions with buildings (an entirely custom system written in fast c++, which runs externally from the sim in Couatl, not taking any fps), to define logic areas around all parking spots, that will be automatically populated by an animated scene when the user is inside that area, and the areas are tuned in a way that you will only see the zones very close to you. And when the scene is not needed, it will be removed from memory, not taking either fps or VAS anymore.

This is far more precise, powerful and flexible of the inflexible "don't load this if you are outside this range" system, which is always based on a circular radius, so you cannot control overlaps very well, and end up wasting VAS.

There was NO WAY we could ever fit everything in memory on an airport so large, without our flexible scripting engine.

markmasterson:
Having purchased everyone of your sceneries since Cloud9...I have to say that you have outdone yourself with the integration of Avatar, SODE and the level of detail of Memphis.  Thank you for your dedication to our hobby. 

virtuali:
Thanks a lot for your comments, they are much appreciated.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version