Author Topic: GSX ADDON Manager and PMDG NGX  (Read 2554 times)

enzo64

GSX ADDON Manager and PMDG NGX
« on: May 06, 2016, 06:24:53 pm »
I was having a lot of problems recently with my NGX not even passing the countdown mark and crashing with no mercy at every single time I was trying to load the aircraft.
My FSX was installed almost 6 years ago and since then lots of add-on have been installed,  then I decided that was the time for a fresh re-install.
Everything went well and my NGX was , for my joy, up and running again.
Then I slowly introduced all of my addons, being the last 3 KJFKV2 KLAX and GSX, to find out that my NGX is not loading again.
From the event viewer the error that I constantly get is a MSVCR100.DLL.
For further investigation I find out that this event could be related to a bad video card driver but after a reinstall of it the situation hasn't changed.
I have also opened a ticket with PMDG,  but after a long back an fourth with them they couldn't come up with any solution.
Then I decided to slowly,  one by one, uninstall all of the addons to try to determine which one was the culprit.
After unistalling the Couati addon manager the NGX comes back alive and if I reinstall it goes dead again.
Am I the first one with this kind of effect, and is there any way of solving this problem because I really like your products as well.

Regards,  Enzo

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX ADDON Manager and PMDG NGX
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2016, 12:44:34 pm »
Then I slowly introduced all of my addons, being the last 3 KJFKV2 KLAX and GSX, to find out that my NGX is not loading again. From the event viewer the error that I constantly get is a MSVCR100.DLL.

The problem doesn't have anything to do with GSX. Yes, of course it looks like that (because it's gone if you remove it), but the real issue is not CAUSED by GSX. It's caused by a conflict between VC++ libraries.

After unistalling the Couati addon manager the NGX comes back alive and if I reinstall it goes dead again.

What happens if you remove PMDG and leave everything else, including GSX ? I'm sure it will work so, this could be claimed as "proof" the culprit is PMDG as well, but I'm not saying that. The real issue is the conflict between the VC++ libraries.

The MSVCR100.DLL (Visual Studio 2010 runtimes), which is the thing that crashes, is used ONLY by the PMDG so, it's the PMDG that is crashing, not GSX.

We don't use the Visual Studio 2010 runtimes in any of our software. Following recommendation from Lockheed Martin (which suggest to use ONLY Visual Studio 2013 libraries), and considering the latest FSX version also uses the Visual Studio 2013 runtime library, we only use that one, nothing in our code has any relationship with the Visual Studio 2010.

By using several different versions of the runtime redistributable, chances for conflicts increase, so I guess this is your case.

It's not a normal situation: there's no *known* conflict between GSX and the NGX so, even if it would be best if they used the 2013 runtimes too, it's not usually a problem so, it's something specific to your system.

The only possible solutions is trying to uninstall everything related to Visual Studio 2010 runtimes, then download them again from Microsoft and reinstall them all.

Uninstall EVERY version of the Visual Studio 2010 runtimes, and download and install BOTH the x64 AND the x86 version of the libraries.

enzo64

Re: GSX ADDON Manager and PMDG NGX
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2016, 01:45:01 pm »
Thanks for your quick response  Virtuali,

the problem is related solely to  the NGX any other aircraft, included the PMDG 777, doesn't give me that error with the GSX and the airports working flawless.
I have already reinstalled the C++ libraries and I will try to load again your products and see what happens.

Regards,  Enzo