Author Topic: Impressed with GSX 1.9  (Read 2184 times)

Delta787

Impressed with GSX 1.9
« on: May 01, 2016, 07:18:31 am »
I am a long time user of AES and I decided to purchase GSX since I am moving over to FSX (temporarily) and let me say I am impressed. I especially like where you can select who handles your ground services. But I still use AES for the pushback because I feel like it is a little more realistic. But what can I say, I like the product and can't wait for the cargo operation version of this is released. Keep up the good work.  ;D

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Impressed with GSX 1.9
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2016, 11:03:51 am »
But I still use AES for the pushback because I feel like it is a little more realistic.

Could you please elaborate a bit about this ? We are constantly working on GSX, and we need all the feedback to improve it, and Pushback will surely something we'll improve a lot in future versions.

For example, right now GSX pushback can only "push", but not "pull", which means the most complex exit procedures can't be simulated entirely, and it still cannot place you INTO a parking (opposite of pushing out of it), but this is surely planned to be added at some point.

Of course, the most complex pushback procedures will always need to be customized to the airport: one cannot expect GSX to be always able to automatically figure them out on every airport in the world. Some kind of input will be needed, similar to what you can already do now with the "Custom pushback" nodes.

But we think that, once we'll add the ability to pull in addition to push, coupled with the custom pushback locations, it will be able to simulate every possible pushback, including the ability to push out from a parking, and place you in another parking, or a maintenance hangar, or a deicing remote pad, etc.