Author Topic: Problem With GSX and Airports  (Read 2206 times)

DLGA

Problem With GSX and Airports
« on: April 22, 2016, 06:34:06 pm »
I am having a problem with GSX that I have not seen here on the forum.

When I start up a new flight and access GSX the only box that comes up is that it wants to know where I want to park! And most times the
parking areas that it list for the airport that I am at have nothing to do with my airline (Southwest).

If I let it take me to the area that it wants and then create a flight and move my plane to that starting point, GSX still asks where I
want to park. When it does this I start my flight without the benefit of GSX.

After I complete my flight and land and I access GSX again, it asks where I want to park as normal but again the areas that it offers are not related to my airline and in some cases not even the airport.

Case in point landed at KMCO and the Southwest terminal is Terminal A, Gates 102, 104, 120 - 129 but GSX does not even list them or the terminal.

I have had similar problems at other airports no matter whether they are FSX default or commerical products.

I would really like to have some input in regards to this as I would really like to be able to strat using GSX the way that I normally have.

I also read the comments at http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,13276.0.html and yes, my copy of GSX has been activated and I have a copy of the backup reg file just in case.

And also, when I installed GSX as stated I had my Antivirus completely turned off and had made the necessary file exclusions.

The only thing that I have actually changed within the last two months is the addition of some new MegaScenery  areas.

Thanks in advance

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Problem With GSX and Airports
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2016, 06:57:48 pm »
When I start up a new flight and access GSX the only box that comes up is that it wants to know where I want to park!

That's because you are not in a parking when call GSX.

And most times the parking areas that it list for the airport that I am at have nothing to do with my airline (Southwest).

That list simply list ALL parkings of an airport. It doesn't filter it depending on your airline, and it would be wrong if it did that: why limit your choice to be serviced anywhere ? Without even considering that, not all sceneries (default airport don't have them) have airline codes in their parkings.

If I let it take me to the area that it wants and then create a flight and move my plane to that starting point, GSX still asks where I  want to park. When it does this I start my flight without the benefit of GSX.

That seems to indicate GSX still think you are outside of a parking. The most likely and simple explanation, is that you have an AFCAD in conflict, usually caused by AI Traffic products interfering with 3rd party AFCADs.

Using the GSX parking customization menu option, you can check the name of the AFCAD in use by GSX, and understand what the problem might be.

I also read the comments at http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,13276.0.html and yes, my copy of GSX has been activated and I have a copy of the backup reg file just in case.

And also, when I installed GSX as stated I had my Antivirus completely turned off and had made the necessary file exclusions.

All of this is entirely unrelated. If you have a problem with activation, GSX will work on the Trial airports. If you have a problem with the antivirus, GSX won't even start.