Author Topic: GSX stops to create new scenery cache. P3Dv3.2 here  (Read 3269 times)

Dimon

GSX stops to create new scenery cache. P3Dv3.2 here
« on: April 22, 2016, 02:43:18 am »
It appears that GSX is no longer rebuilding scenery cache in P3D start when changes were made to the specific ADE. For example, I recently changed some of EGLL parking positions and renamed the ADE itself. When I pressed CTL-SHFT-F12 I got a message that GSX cannot file old EGLL ADE with old name that I already deleted. That means that GSX still uses old cache. I reinstalled GSX but it did not solve my problem?

Any suggestions how to solve the issue?

Thanks
i7-6700k@4.6Ghz, Z170 Delux, 980Ti-6GB5700, 2TB EVO850, 16GB DDR4 RAM Win7/64 PRO.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX stops to create new scenery cache. P3Dv3.2 here
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2016, 02:45:52 am »
Try to force a complete cache rebuild:

- Exit from the sim.

- Remove the following folder

%PROGRAMDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl

- Restart the sim.

Dimon

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2016, 02:50:15 am »
Found the error. I renamed the file, saved it, but forgot to actually compile. Thus GSX was confused when it did not find the file with old name.

Anyway, the problem has been solved. Thanks for the quick reply
i7-6700k@4.6Ghz, Z170 Delux, 980Ti-6GB5700, 2TB EVO850, 16GB DDR4 RAM Win7/64 PRO.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2016, 06:06:44 am »
Thus GSX was confused when it did not find the file with old name.

Yes, it's a bug we fixed already for the upcoming release: it sometimes fails to detect a file removal and won't regenerate the cache automatically.

The next version will always recognize file removals, and it will also have an additional menu entry called "Restart and regenerate cache", so it will be simpler to use, in case of other possible issues with AFCAD updates.

SamTDS

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2016, 03:07:18 pm »
Thus GSX was confused when it did not find the file with old name.

Yes, it's a bug we fixed already for the upcoming release: it sometimes fails to detect a file removal and won't regenerate the cache automatically.

The next version will always recognize file removals, and it will also have an additional menu entry called "Restart and regenerate cache", so it will be simpler to use, in case of other possible issues with AFCAD updates.
i can't wait for that, it would have been useful when i removed some addon scenery from egcc