Products Support > XPOI FSX/P3D

Error in XPOI

(1/2) > >>

Dutchman:
Just purchased XPOI. During my first flight. after about ten minutes, the following error occurred:

couatl v3.0 (build 3187)
panic log started on Thu Apr 21 19:10:18 2016

problem raised by engine or unspecified addon
{'Airport': 'CYVR', 'User Pos': (48.181813961256005, -123.299265999545, 4349.44 m, 4349.44 m, 168.47722193308854)}

I ran the demo version for a few days and encountered no errors.

Any suggestions?

virtuali:
The message is not very telling. What features you had enabled ? It's possible that in some very dense areas, the program simply cannot keep up with too many objects.

The most demanding features are usually the "S" class, do you had them on ? Did you had many POIs on screen when the error came out ?

Dutchman:
Sorry if the message is not informative. It's all that it gave me.
I am running ORBX Pacific North West in this location.  No other add-ons except POI. had everything turned on, not sure what S class objects are.

virtuali:

--- Quote from: Dutchman on April 22, 2016, 02:34:29 pm ---had everything turned on
--- End quote ---

Which exactly what I suspected what the problem might be. In some areas, the POI density can be so high, that might even go over what Simconnect itself might be able to process.

That's why we don't have everything turned on by default. Try to turn off all features, then start one by one, adding more classes, and see how much that area can handle.

--- Quote ---not sure what S class objects are.
--- End quote ---

The "Spot" super-class.

Dutchman:
Well, I did turn off many things (most of which I do want to see) and the error rate is reduced. But it still happens, and if I can only turn on one or two things, that makes the program rather useless. If the engine has a limit to the number of items it can process, why does the software not have a check that limits the number of items it processes rather than unceremoniously crashing. Seems a rather poor software design in my opinion.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version