Author Topic: Baggage Cart AI?  (Read 2467 times)

mistyblue

Baggage Cart AI?
« on: April 15, 2016, 11:44:53 pm »
I couldn't find this asked before so please forgive me if I missed it. 

I notice that there is a lot of single vehicle AI traffic moving around GSX/FSDT airports...like fire trucks, tugs, and some service vehicles.  But I don't recall seeing any baggage vehicles with all the carts behind them traversing the airport.  They only seem to appear when you call them for GSX services or always parked.  Since these vehicles are a very common sight moving around at most big airports am I missing something or are they not part of the AI provided? 

Reason it dawned on me was I was trying a new X-Plane KDFW scenery last night and noticed all the baggage carts running around and realized I had never seen them moving around my P3D airports.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Baggage Cart AI?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2016, 11:10:16 am »
GSX don't service or interact with AI planes. Those vehicles you might have seen are default ground traffic vehicles, that can be controlled with their own density slider in the Traffic settings.

mistyblue

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2016, 12:18:00 am »
Thanks.  Maybe I'm not understanding what you mean, but why aren't baggage carts able to be part of the default traffic?  I understand GSX doesn't service AI (yet?), but are you not able to define vehicle traffic movements and the types of vehicles within your coding?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2016, 11:38:16 am »
Maybe I'm not understanding what you mean, but why aren't baggage carts able to be part of the default traffic?

I think there are loaders, but not carts. But that's not really a GSX question...

but are you not able to define vehicle traffic movements and the types of vehicles within your coding?

We don't have any control over default ground traffic, except that we remove it at the parking you selected for GSX, to prevent interfering with GSX vehicles (they will try to service your own plane).