Author Topic: FSDreamTeam Products not showing up in FSX **SOLVED**  (Read 6253 times)

AAL5426

FSDreamTeam Products not showing up in FSX **SOLVED**
« on: April 11, 2016, 04:40:54 pm »
Hello I have FSX:SE and I can't seem to get any of my FSDT or GSX to load the airports..I can't even get the Coutl to start running when I run FSX either. I have tried uninstallin everything and reinstalling and installing the stand alone addon manager but still nothing. It is acting like I don't even have the product but I can see the files in the FSX root directory. I just can't seem to get the sceneries to install nor gsx...The manager doesn't pop up in the Addon manager in fsx either.. I do keep getting an error with something about the airport vehicles...
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 11:15:24 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSDreamTeam Products not showing up in FSX.
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2016, 07:15:29 pm »
Are you missing the GSX menu under the "Addons" menu ? If yes, this thread indicates all the known solutions for missing menu items under the "Addons" menu:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,7545.msg62899.html#msg62899

AAL5426

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2016, 09:30:32 pm »
I have tried that page and I am still having the same problem..

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2016, 09:12:51 am »
Could be you removed FSX after installing FSX:SE when FSX was fully installed ? Have a look here, maybe it's the same issue:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,13356.msg99475.html#msg99475

AAL5426

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2016, 07:01:12 pm »
Thank you I was afraid I would have to uninstall FSX:SE and I wanted to be the last resort for that..That might be the issues with other products I have as well..

AAL5426

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2016, 10:26:51 pm »
Okay so I did so and now my PMDG aircraft products are working but still seeing no FSDT option under my Add Ons Menu... I try to press the CTRL+F12 and nothing again acting like it has not been installed on my desktop.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2016, 08:24:55 am »
Okay so I did so and now my PMDG aircraft products are working but still seeing no FSDT option under my Add Ons Menu...

this thread indicates all the known solutions for missing menu items under the "Addons" menu:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,7545.msg62899.html#msg62899

AAL5426

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2016, 10:08:46 pm »
How do I repair my SP2? Also am I supposed to have a folder that says FSX-SP2? I have tried just about everything on that page and nothing... if you would like maybe we can set up a teamviewer session so you would be able to get a better understanding of what is going on and what I'm experiencing.? I was browsing and went into my Program Data folder and went to the VirtualAI folder after that and then selected the couatl folder and my problem might rely that somehow FSDT products are still registering  that I have both the FSX Boxed and FSX:SE if that is the problem how do we go about fixing this? I would uninstall FSX:SE as a last resort but is there another way to solve that issue if that is the case?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 12:46:55 am by AAL5426 »

kris tali

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2016, 06:58:22 am »
After the latest update last week my GSX is not under AddOns in FSX and
yes, I click on Yes to loading GSX when FSX starts
yes, I ran the latest updater of the product
no, I did not change any configuration settings on my computer
yes, I disable antivirus before starting FSX

I think that FsDreamteam should
supply a patch that fixes the problem or
supply the before last version so we can install it or
provide some compensation because I can't use the product I paid for.

I'll try to download and install the latest version while antivirus is closed but this is a bit like asking the customers to fix problems instead of the problems being fixed by the manufacturer.
Regards

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2016, 12:37:13 pm »
I'll try to download and install the latest version while antivirus is closed

You should always use the latest version. It's very complex to help you if we are not sure how outdated your installer is. It's not enough to "just" disable the antivirus when installing. See the linked thread above: you must ALSO configure it properly before running FSX.

but this is a bit like asking the customers to fix problems instead of the problems being fixed by the manufacturer.

You mean the antivirus manufacturer ? Yes, they are supposed to fix their defective heuristic, in order to stop identifying legit products as threats.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2016, 12:38:46 pm »
somehow FSDT products are still registering  that I have both the FSX Boxed and FSX:SE if that is the problem how do we go about fixing this?

Have you done what I suggested here ?

Could be you removed FSX after installing FSX:SE when FSX was fully installed ? Have a look here, maybe it's the same issue:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,13356.msg99475.html#msg99475

AAL5426

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2016, 03:13:15 pm »
I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but that got only my pmdg to work.. How do I do this?

I think I got the problem fixed. I changed the Coexist value to 1 and everything got installed properly. Then I disabled the FSX registry entry since there was one for FSX and FSX SE. The installation paths in the appdata folder for both entries use the FSX folder and not the FSX-SE folder even though one was also created in the installation of FSX Steam. It's all very confusing but disabling the FSX registry entry seems to have things running smoothly again.

AAL5426

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2016, 05:32:37 pm »
So I uninstalled everything deleted every folder that had to deal with FSX and FSX:SE it fixed the problem thank you for your help!