Author Topic: Gsx not working in p3d or fsx  (Read 2439 times)

fsjunkey

Gsx not working in p3d or fsx
« on: April 08, 2016, 03:21:29 am »
Hello. Just downloaded and installed GSX demo in p3d v2.5 and FSX (which has all updates, acceleration). Running Windows 10. I don't see any GSX vehicles in either sim. In P3d, "addons", I see Sode 1.3.1, Couatl settings, Couatl live update, Gsx, and Addon Manager. In FSX, I show none of these in "addons". Yes, I disabled virus protection, Windows defender. Yes, I went to all 3 demo airports. No GSX vehicles in either sim. I uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times. I am at a loss what to do now. Thanks for any help.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Gsx not working in p3d or fsx
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2016, 09:58:09 am »
I don't see any GSX vehicles in either sim. In P3d, "addons", I see Sode 1.3.1, Couatl settings, Couatl live update, Gsx, and Addon Manager. In FSX, I show none of these in "addons".

In P3D, the program it's surely working. However, from your message it seems you are expecting to see something automatically, just by going in the Trial airports. That's not how GSX works, and I suggest reading the manual first. You must call GSX, for anything to be happening, using its own Hotkey, which by default is CTRL+Shift+F12 or CTRL+F12.

In FSX, it seems you have a problem, since you are supposed to have all the GSX menus, just like you have in P3D.

Since it's working in P3D, that seems to exclude a problem with system libraries, so the only possible cause left is that you have correctly configured the antivirus to exclude the GSX modules from scanning in P3D, but not in FSX.