Author Topic: Taxiway Signs  (Read 4374 times)

mbscjohnp

Taxiway Signs
« on: April 03, 2016, 08:43:17 pm »
While understanding the situation and awaiting an update that includes the new runways and correct taxiway "names", using ADE, I have been able to change the RWY 10-28 designation to 10L-28R, overmarking the existing 10 with 10L and 28 with 28R.
I have also been able to correct SOME of the taxiway names from those currently displayed, but made no other changes, so that the existing taxiways display correctly. 
I have covered some existing taxiway signage along those taxiways that I use, to arrive from Parking Spot L9 to RWY 10L for takeoff to KMYR and to depart RWY 27L to Parking Spot L9 arriving from KMYR with the actual NKS 842/843 Spirit Airlines flights, with the correct taxi name displays, but that is a chore having to eyeball each incorrect sign and is the reason for the question in this post.
In doing so, I have not interfered with the actual program, other than to replace the airport display BGL file (maintaining the original in a separate folder). 
My question is:  Which BGL displays these original, but incorrect, taxiway signs, so that I can remove that BGL and, with ADE, can add the correct signage until an update of the entire airport is released, or could one of your programing folks do the same as a temporary fix?
By the way, there is no method of temporarily adding the other two new runways and taxiways, without major damage to this otherwise beautiful airport, so I have not attempted to do so and I am aware of the other fine work the program folks are doing and will patiently await the arrival of the KORD replacement. 
(If these airport planners would just stop interfering with good flight sim programing!)  <smile>   John
Retired (mostly tired) pilot (bus driver), whose Flight Surgeon declined to re-certify and bosses said to "go fishing", but still paying every month. Now simming familiar routes in an Airbus (fly-by-wire & only touch the knobs when ATC says so) "bring a good book". Cockpit should have online movies.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Taxiway Signs
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2016, 10:14:09 pm »
You cannot change our taxiways signs. They are not .BGL (most of the scenery isn't) and are not default, but custom made as 3d objects, like any other 3d object in the scenery.

About the KORD update, after what we are doing with the upcoming KMEM, we cannot really stand to see these older sceneries so, it won't likely be an update "just" for the new runway, but a complete remake, from the ground up.

mbscjohnp

Re: Taxiway Signs
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2016, 08:51:56 pm »
Umberto:  Understand and am in no hurry.  I am doing fine as I just "amended" (renamed) TWY M to the current N and "covered" the existing M taxi signs with new N taxi signs for my purposes, using ADE's Size 5 signs and placing these directly in front of the M signs.  It was a chore though, getting the new signs just into the right spot.
When I first started simming my actual Spirit outgoing route, the existing M taxiway had me confused, until I checked the actual current diagram.  The only TWY change necessary was the old M for my flight using RWY 10L (10-28 is off very slightly degree-wise), but luckily has the same ILS both ways of the new RWY, just having to move the "arrow" more toward the end of RWY 28R.
Thanks to Navigraph and ADE, I was able to add several of the existing Waypoints on my outbound route (EARND, ELANR, EMMLY, ETAME, EMEGE, and FLM) and the inbound waypoints for RWY 27L STAR of WATSN2-VOGLAR).  KMYR-KORD was my original route until I switched lines to KLAX-KSFO and lastly KCLT-EDDF.  Thanks again for the good work you folks do.
Over the years, I have "repaired" quite a few of FS airports.  I have and use your other work:  KLAX_V2, KJFK, and GSX and am still awaiting the new EDDF, if you are still considering it.   John
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 08:55:51 pm by mbscjohnp »
Retired (mostly tired) pilot (bus driver), whose Flight Surgeon declined to re-certify and bosses said to "go fishing", but still paying every month. Now simming familiar routes in an Airbus (fly-by-wire & only touch the knobs when ATC says so) "bring a good book". Cockpit should have online movies.