Author Topic: GSX Objects w/ Fictional Livery  (Read 4286 times)

CXA001

• Canadian Xpress Virtual Airline®
GSX Objects w/ Fictional Livery
« on: March 27, 2016, 09:28:58 pm »
I have searched the forums and reviewed the paintkit documentation and have not found a solution to this.

We are a fictional virtual airline and as such to not have an ICAO codes at any of the airports but myself and quite a few of our pilots who are considering buying GSX would like to have GSX vehicules in our livery at any airport we fly in or out of.

If I understand correctly, even if in the sim.cfg I modify the entry to include (CXA being our va ICAO code):
couatl.icaoprefixes = ?
couatl.atc_parking_codes = CXA

when I am at a ramp, we will never have a high enough score so that the GEX objects will appear in our livery.

Has anyone come with a work around for this with out having to adjust a ton of airport BGLs?

Thanks in advance,

« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 09:32:02 pm by CXA001 »

VATSIM: P2|I1|SUP

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Objects w/ Fictional Livery
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2016, 03:27:09 pm »
when I am at a ramp, we will never have a high enough score so that the GEX objects will appear in our livery.

That's because you haven't understood correctly the meaning of the ? sign. It doesn't mean the livery will get a score of 4 *everywhere*. It means it will get a score of 1 everywhere so, it will "lose" against many default GSX vehicles on many airports.

What you must do, instead, is to give a better score, by adding all the airports ICAO codes to the airports your Virtual Airline flies to, like this:

couatl.icaoprefixes = ? KLAX KLAS KSFO

this means, your Virtual airline will have a score of 1 everywhere, and a score of 4 in those 3 airports, so it will have a fair chance against the competing ones of being selected there, and will appear in the operator choice menu.

IF you edit the AFCAD of the scenery, to have ONLY the CXA parking code on any given parking AND remove all the others, ONLY your airline will appear on THAT specific parking.

CXA001

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2016, 01:48:38 am »
Yeah, that isn't going to work as we have a free flying policy which means that pilots can fly any route that they desire, so the list of airports would be limitless.

Regards,

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2016, 02:34:46 pm »
Yeah, that isn't going to work as we have a free flying policy which means that pilots can fly any route that they desire, so the list of airports would be limitless.

Then you can simply doing the opposite, and remove all the airports ICAO for the OTHER liveries...we might add something like a ???? pattern, assigning a score of 4 *everywhere*, but right now is not there.

Pirateinparadise

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2016, 04:23:50 pm »
I just wanted to see if I understood something correctly.

Would adding

couatl.atc_parking_codes = CXA C X A

Increase the score?
The drinking rum on the beach kind. Not the software stealing kind.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2016, 10:29:07 pm »
I just wanted to see if I understood something correctly.

Not really...

Would adding

couatl.atc_parking_codes = CXA C X A

Increase the score?

It wouldn't make any difference. That's not how it works. Please try to re-read the PaintKit documentation more carefully, because everything you need to know is there.

As I've said, there's NO WAY, with the current version of the program, to have a livery always getting an high score "everywhere". In order to have an higher score, you MUST add all the ICAO codes of the airports you want to increase the score.

For example, assume you want to have your CXA airline to get a score of 4 at KLAX and KLAS, you should do as follows:

couatl.icaoprefixes = KLAX KLAS

This, alone, will give a score of 4 at those airports, and those airports ONLY. Now, since it's likely that other operators have been assigned to KLAX, if you go to any parking at KLAX, you will see the operator selection menu with those operators in addition to your own.

If you go to a parking at KLAX that has a parking code in the AFCAD for United, the GSX vehicle from United will "win" against your own, because those matching the airport AND the parking code of the parking will be given an higher priority.

UNLESS, you do both these two operations:

1) Add this line to the SIM.CFG of the GSX vehicle of your livery (and repeat it for EVERY GSX service vehicle)

couatl.atc_parking_codes = CXA

2) Edit the airport AFCAD to ADD the "CXA" code to the parkings you want to have set with your airline. NOW they will get an equal chance to be selected, even against the others.

You must do both. And for each and every SIM.CFG of every GSX vehicle.

Yes, I know it's a nuisance, which is why we don't create SIM.CFG by hand, but have a tool that creates them automatically from a database, but it's something really too crude to be published.

What we might have in future version, is to have some sort of "global switch" especially made for Virtual Airlines, that can override EVERY score on any airport or a group of airports, so your airline can always "win" regardless of the score.

CXA001

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2016, 01:28:49 am »
What we might have in future version, is to have some sort of "global switch" especially made for Virtual Airlines, that can override EVERY score on any airport or a group of airports, so your airline can always "win" regardless of the score.

This would be great as we would like to distribute our livery for GSX vehicles to our pilots that have purchased this software, but to have them go an change the ICAO codes is not realistic when we literally fly all over the world.

Regards,