Author Topic: GSX Mismatch Parking Spots (Many Solutions Tried)  (Read 3397 times)

alexbeck18

GSX Mismatch Parking Spots (Many Solutions Tried)
« on: March 29, 2016, 07:05:40 am »
Hey there,

I seem to have a common problem and that is that at most addon scenery airports (FlyTampa/Aerosoft..etc) The parking spots never do line up and are in the middle of taxiways somtimes.  Here are the solutions I have tried:

1.  Fix the spaces or any imperfections in the Scenery.CFG (don't after every-time I install a scenery)
2.  Deleted my SceneryIndex folders in the Appdata dungeons of my computer
3.  Reinstalled GSX (does work but only for the first flight and is not very practical as I don't want to reinstall every time)

In the customize airport parking positions it is reading the AFCAD's from the default location sometimes saying there is a customizable parking config file in 'Blah' location.  I do not know what to do with the custom .INI files as i put them where it says to put them and they don't seem to do anything (I might be doing something wrong as I said I have no idea what to do with them beside put them in the proper location).  I understand the concept of the AFCAD's I just don't know how to change them to the custom .INI file?  If that's what I am supposed to do?

GSX never used to do this and it can be frustrating, other than that it is an amazing product!  I am running FSX Steam Edition on Win 10 if that information helps!

Thanks,
Alex Beckwith
Alex_Beckwith18@yahoo.ca

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Mismatch Parking Spots (Many Solutions Tried)
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2016, 03:02:21 pm »
I seem to have a common problem and that is that at most addon scenery airports (FlyTampa/Aerosoft..etc) The parking spots never do line up and are in the middle of taxiways somtimes.

This means another, conflicting, AFCAD is in use by GSX.

Here are the solutions I have tried:

1.  Fix the spaces or any imperfections in the Scenery.CFG (don't after every-time I install a scenery)
2.  Deleted my SceneryIndex folders in the Appdata dungeons of my computer
3.  Reinstalled GSX (does work but only for the first flight and is not very practical as I don't want to reinstall every time)

None of these would work, if you have an AFCAD in conflict which, of course, is a problem that doesn't have anything to do with GSX so, of course, it cannot be fixed by acting on GSX.

When you say "The parking spots never do line up", what do you mean ? Do you mean you have misplaced AI planes ?

If yes, your problem is happening before GSX !!! You simply have an AFCAD conflict, and GSX is just affected by it, just like the rest of the sim, which should have been obvious if you had misplaced AIs or your own plane not placed correctly when you select the standard "Go To Airport" menu to start a flight.

This, assuming you meant this, when you said "The parking spots never do line up". If you meant something else, please clarify.

In the customize airport parking positions it is reading the AFCAD's from the default location sometimes saying there is a customizable parking config file in 'Blah' location.

It doesn't "sometimes" say there's a customization file, as if this was a "random" thing. It says this, if you changed something in the customize parking, trying to "fix" something that couldn't be fixed in that way.

If the problem is the wrong AFCAD is being used, you cannot fix anything by "customizing it". The only thing you can do by customizing, is improve the parameters and the starting positions of the GSX vehicles, but that's it. You cannot "fix" a misplaced parking, caused by the wrong AFCAD.

I understand the concept of the AFCAD's I just don't know how to change them to the custom .INI file?  If that's what I am supposed to do?

You are not supposed to do anything with .INI files. As indicated on the GSX manual, when .INI files are discussed, an .INI file is "tied" to the "AFCAD which was active when you chose the customize parking position option". You don't have to do anything with them. If you switch between different AFCADs, GSX will switch to the related .INI file too.

GSX never used to do this and it can be frustrating, other than that it is an amazing product!  

Assuming your problem is a conflicting AFCAD, GSX is NOT doing this even now. Is not doing *anything*...

So, the correct course of action, is as follows:

- First check if you have misplaced AI planes. If you do, you have an AFCAD conflict and the issue doesn't have ANYTHING to do with GSX!! You must simply remove the conflicting AFCAD so, BOTH your AI AND GSX will go back working normally.

- If, instead, both your AI and your own plane are placed and aligned correctly (your plane is aligned correctly when using to standard "Go To Airport" menu option), but you have misalignments ONLY in GSX, which means the "Warp me here" option is placing you misaligned (while the standard "Go To Airport" menu is placing you *correctly* ), then you DO have a "GSX Problem". In THIS case, you should check which is the name of the AFCAD used by GSX, which might not be the same as the one that is SUPPOSED to be used. There are only TWO possible outcomes of this:

1) Either it will fixed by removing the %PROGRAMDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl folder, to force-rebuild the GSX airport cache

OR

2) It won't be fixed this way, so maybe GSX *rejected* the AFCAD because some kind of a problem with it, like the file being corrupted, the antivirus blocking access to it, the file being illegal, etc. This is a very rare case, though. The Couatl.LOG file WOULD tell you this, provided, of course, you enable Logging in the "Troubleshooting" section of the GSX Settings.