Author Topic: Alta X and GSX  (Read 14146 times)

lubik

Alta X and GSX
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2016, 05:08:54 pm »
Hi Umberto,

Negative, I have all updated here.

Virtuali Addon Manager P3DV3  3.0.0.15
FSDT GSX P3DV3 1.9.9.5

Clean installation has not solved the problem.

It's strage...

Best ragards!
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 05:10:41 pm by lubik »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Alta X and GSX
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2016, 11:20:20 am »
Virtuali Addon Manager P3DV3  3.0.0.15
FSDT GSX P3DV3 1.9.9.5

That doesn't say much. The fix came with an updated Couatl.exe, and these modules haven't updated their version numbers, so you must run the Stand-Alone Addon Manager installer NOW, to be sure you have the current Couatl.exe

lubik

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2016, 06:41:42 am »
Good morning Umberto,

I already tried to run the Stand-Alone Addon Manager installer. Still the same problem.  :-\ 

Believe me I tried so many options before came here. This is a very strange issue.

By the way GSX at La Palma X works perfectly.

Regards,
Lubomir

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2016, 10:03:05 pm »
I already tried to run the Stand-Alone Addon Manager installer. Still the same problem. 

You still haven't checked the version of your Couatl.exe file. Just to be sure you antivirus hasn't blocked it, so you are stuck with an outdated version that doesn't automatically remove AFCAD files with no parkings.

And, I said:

It looks like you are not using the current version of GSX, because (assuming a flatten file doesn't have any parkings, I hope...)

This seems to leave us with the other option: have you verified this file doesn't contain any parkings ? As I've said, if there's at least one parking, GSX won't automatically discard it, and rightly so. It seemed strange that a flatten file (or a file that is *named* as such), would contain any parkings, but you never know.

Fardel

« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2016, 04:52:32 pm »
Hallo Uumberto, I have just download yesterday (07/agosto/2016) the last Addon Manager but I have the same problem. How can download the last Couatl.exe?

Paolo
« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 07:49:41 pm by Fardel »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2016, 01:39:17 pm »
Hallo Uumberto, I have just download yesterday (07/agosto/2016) the last Addon Manager but I have the same problem. How can download the last Couatl.exe?

You just said you did. But of course, without *checking* the Couatl.exe version, it cannot be said for sure it has been installed, for example because the antivirus might have mistakenly blocked the installation.

However, assuming you DO have the current version, have you read all  the previous explanations about this issue ?

Assuming, of course, your issue is really the same, that GSX picks up the ENAT_Alpha_Flatten.bgl instead of the actual AFCAD. If your issue is this, re-read my last post, which said to verify if this file has parkings because, if it has, it WON'T be discarded automatically by GSX, and rightly so.

Skogstroll

« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2016, 04:36:51 pm »
I have exactly the same problem. Updating both Couatl and the standalone addon manager did not solve it. The strange thing is that it once worked and stopped doing that after I upgraded to Win 10. This may of course be a coincidence, I don't know. How can I tell GSX to use AFX_ENAT.bgl instead of ENAT_Alpha_Flatten.bgl?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2016, 06:06:15 pm »
I have exactly the same problem.

Read all my previous replies, especially the ones about checking if you have the latest version of the program installed and the ones saying to verify is this scenery has parkings or not.

If that scenery has no parkings, it SHOULD be automatically discarded, that's how the latest version is supposed to work.

If you are SURE you are running the latest Couatl.exe (which, as of today, is 3.1.3532), and you have regenerate the Airport Cache with it, then this shouldn't happen, and we'll try to verify why this particular file is not excluded.

A possible solution, while we investigate this, is as follows.

- Open the file with AFX or ADE, change its ICAO to ENA1 and save it back

- Use the airport_visibility_ena1 = 0 line in the [GSX] section of the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatladdons.ini file to exclude it from GSX as explained on the manual.

- Regenerate the Airport Cache again.

Again, this is a temporary fix, until we understand why, on this particular airport, the automatic exclusion of zero-parkings file doesn't work.

Skogstroll

« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2016, 06:35:34 pm »
Hi,
my Couatl version is 3.1.0.3532. Please note that there is a slight difference to the version number that you wrote (3.1.3532) but I guess this is just a typo.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2016, 10:40:27 am »
Yes, you have the current version so, see my proposed solution, until we investigate why this scenery is not automatically excluded.

Jeeno

« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2016, 03:01:19 pm »
Hello,

I have the latest versions both of GSX and Alta X. But I still have the problem of GSX vehicles under the apron. Using FSX SP2

Advice?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2016, 12:55:47 pm »
But I still have the problem of GSX vehicles under the apron. Using FSX SP2

Then you don't have the latest version of GSX.

Jeeno

« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2016, 04:31:20 pm »
Then you don't have the latest version of GSX.

I have it. Downloaded yesterday from the website. And I also have the most up-to-date couatl.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 11:06:47 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2016, 11:06:33 am »
I have it. Downloaded yesterday from the website. And I also have the most up-to-date couatl.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2016, 11:10:10 am »

Then it's not possible you would see vehicles under the apron. See the attached screenshot. Which is the name of the AFCAD used by GSX ?